Topic: The Giver: Chapter 15

Directory Link

The Giver: Chapter 15

Youtube it!

High Quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTU-VUwDIXc

An adaptation of Chapter 15 from the book, "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. Jonas comes to visit Giver, but on this paticular day, something is not right...This is a scene that stood out to me when originally reading this book in middle school. This is my original take on the material, being created through the technique of stop motion animation, with lego people.

Last edited by Tripod (December 27, 2009 (09:23am))

Teh Tripod has teh extra boost.

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

Re: The Giver: Chapter 15

I liked that. Good choice of book, also. The animation was quite smooth, but I saw some light flickers. The voices were a little hard to hear at times, but the gunshots were good. The bullets looked good, and the scorch marks looked real

Last edited by lil'jj (December 29, 2009 (12:38am))

Not having read the book I had little idea what was going on. It did feel like it was a scene from a much longer film with a more intricate plot, so I guess that's good. Stylewise I was a bit confused; the thing seemed t be in black and white but some colors seemed to get through at points. This might be a YouTube issue, though. Effects, animation and cinematography were good.

Overall it felt like an okay short, though it could have benefited from some more context.

- BertL

In the book, it's explained that Jonas can only see some colors, and, over time, he begins to see all colors, so I was doing my best to portray that, so I can see one being confused from not having read the book prior.

thanks for the feedback

Teh Tripod has teh extra boost.

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

Ahh, in that case you made a very intelligent and good choice, style wise. mini/smile

That was really cool. I've read the book, and it seemed to follow it pretty accurately! Nice!