Topic: External Hard Drive = Love

wow, ok so our computer crashed and we brought it in to get it fixed. Too bad only my finished films and not the film i was working on was on the hard drive! So i'm unbelievably ticked because I had over 12 minutes of my movie and over 150 hours into it all and i've been working on it since September and I lost it mini/madhead BAM gone mini/eek I felt like crying, has anything like this ever happened to anyone else around here? Or am I just the stupid on for not having it on an external hard drive.

Re: External Hard Drive = Love

Oh... My... God... 12 minutes? Gone, just like that? I feel deeply sorry for you.

Aww, I feel so bad!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I'm so sorry for you, Olson. The same thing kind of happened to me not too long ago.
I had One vs. Seven 2 on a thumbdrive (a 4 or 5 min film), and one day it just decided to erase it.
There was some very beautiful animation in that movie. Too bad the world will never see it. mini/sad

Yeah guys, I don't mean to sound like im pitying myself, but im totally pitying myself! mini/lol So much freakin work just gone and never coming back! Ah! Shoot me now. Lol. I think i'll take a short break from brickfilming mini/confused lol

Olsonstudios wrote:

Ah! Shoot me now.

Oh, you were kidding.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

You clever son of a gun.

Yeah, I am, aren't I?

Anyway, back on topic. Sorry about your loss. Twelve minutes? Seriously? I feel for you, mait.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Yeah dude it was the biggest project i've ever attempted in my life, it was actually a super epic film.

I ones lost all my files to in a hard drive crash mini/blankexpression

but not just all my production stuff. the music I collected and photo's I saved.

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

All harddisk drives are subject to failure. Internal or external.

I always buy harddisk drives in pairs. I then run a utility each night to copy the contects of one to the other. This gives me a painless backup plan. The only thing it would not protect against is a fire or something like that. For that, I take critical files and burn them to DVD. These I keep in my desk at work.

Skye Sweeney
www.fll-freak.com

I have had at least 4 HD crashes in the past 13 years, and despite becoming better at making backups, I always lost some files of which I regretted deeply. In my experience, no automated backup scheme is perfect (even a mirroring scheme like FLL-Freaks is prone to failure, if you're in the habit of shutting down your computer when you're done). And your HD will always fail unexpectedly. So besides backing my full harddrive to an external one every once in a while, I've made a habit of saving every important document twice. Once on the local HD, once on thumbdrive. Also not perfect, but has as advantage that you always have your important docs with you.

Version 1 of the the screenplay for episode 2 of The Stunt is finishised, and I really, really] await your critique!

I've started saving my files straight to my hard drive.