Re: The Wall-e appreciation thread.

FLL-Freak: I love the post-apocalyptic setting. Wall-e does the best job of saying "Clean your act up, you bloody humans" than any other movie I've seen.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

mcoov_studios wrote:

I have it on BLU-RAY!!!

High five! mini/bigsmile

Sean wrote:

FLL-Freak: I love the post-apocalyptic setting. Wall-e does the best job of saying "Clean your act up, you bloody humans" than any other movie I've seen.

Which is odd, because I don't think that's what Andrew Stanton was going for.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Littlebrick wrote:
Sean wrote:

Which is odd, because I don't think that's what Andrew Stanton was going for.

It wasn't. He never meant for it to be in such a setting. It just happened to turn out that way.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Well, it looks like an extreme version of my room...

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

It was an okay film. I loved the first 20 minutes or so but when Wall E was on the spaceship, the film lost most of its appeal.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/COTB/FunkyJunk/RUMBLE/mg.jpg

I was looking at the special features on the DVD and they did a whole thing on sound effects. I learnt that if you stretch a spring out to about 4 or 5 metres and tap the bottom end with a hammer, it makes a laser gun sound.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

The DVD version has a documentary-type thing called "The Pixar Story" (I assume that the title is pretty self-explanatory) Anyway, it's good to watch and is pretty inspiring.

- Leo

Yeah, The Pixar Story was on Sky Anytime a few months ago. I thought it was very good.

Last edited by Nailer (January 20, 2009 (11:21am))

I watched it the cinema and my brother got it for Christmas. Did any of you watch BURN-E on the special features, it was a mass let-down.

_2014

I loved BURN•E.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Meh, it was ok could have had more original footage.

_2014

BURN-E was awesome. Did you know that the guy who directed it is an AFOL?

Last edited by Littlebrick (January 20, 2009 (01:54pm))

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I feel like I'm the only person on the Internet who hasn't seen it ...

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

Shale wrote:

I feel like I'm the only person on the Internet who hasn't seen it ...

Quit yer whinin', I haven't seen it yet either.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Hazzat wrote:

I was looking at the special features on the DVD and they did a whole thing on sound effects. I learnt that if you stretch a spring out to about 4 or 5 metres and tap the bottom end with a hammer, it makes a laser gun sound.

Ah the classic Ben Burtt Stormtrooper Blastech E-11(yes I am a nerd) sound one of my all time favorites next to the Wilhelm. I really like Wall-E the only thing I don't think it has that all the other Pixar movies have is rewatch value. However I loved the hour-and-a-half documentary on the history of Pixar. mini/bigsmile

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Brickshelf
Ya I know it's empty I am just lazy and will update it eventually.