Topic: Live 2 Sk8

Directory Link

Live 2 Sk8

YouTube

This film was initially an entry in the 2010 Twenty Four Hour Animation Competition (THAC-7).
24 hours wasn't enough and I ran out of time. Next time I won't bother with 6+ hours building sets or 4 hours recording tracking camera shots.

I added some extra animation and this is the final film as I intended it to be.
It's still quite rough as I wanted it to be consistent with the original footage and it uses the voice audio recorded during THAC7 (which wasn't very good).

Last edited by bodville (April 10, 2010 (11:28pm))

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Re: Live 2 Sk8

nice work.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

What a fun film! The subtitles were nice where you had them as without them I was hard pressed to understand the skaters. Keep up the good work!

"See...this is why we can't have nice things."
21:05 Nich: Am I a purdy lady? : D
21:05 Smeagol: yes?

That was a ton better than the original. Good job! The animation was fantabulasticly good! mini/smile

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

Peanut Studios wrote:

That was a ton better than the original.

I agree, this one was much better than the first one, mainly because it wasn't as repetitive. mini/smile  I can't wait for your next film.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

BGanimations wrote:

I agree, this one was much better than the first one, mainly because it wasn't as repetitive. mini/smile  I can't wait for your next film.

Well the extra hours really helped. Next film will probably be for Avant-Garde. I have some ideas but need to finish building the set.

CrimStories

The animation and set desgin was amazing but I still thought it was repetetive.
The falls when he skated were awesome

Hehe, I somehow missed this.  I really liked the original (one of my favorite THAC 7 entries) and thought the almost too far but imo not quite too far amount of repetition in the original made it pretty hilarious.  This loses so much of that, and the cop conversation feels like a distraction to me since it has nothing to do with the rest of the film as far as I can tell.  I know some people didn't like the repetition in the first one but it kinda made the film for me.  So I prefer the original.

Great sets and animation, as always.  The camera-work especially makes it stand out, for me.  I did have to wonder why the woman had an animated mouth and nobody else did, that distracted me a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

You are an extremely skilled filmmaker, yet I have to say I agree with Smeagol about which version is better.  The subtitles were a definite plus, but it was distracting that only the woman's mouth moved, and I frankly found the dialogue of the policemen obnoxious.  I truly enjoyed your first version and actually found the ending more "unexpected" than this one because of the repetition.

Too repetitive/not repetitive enough? You can't please all of the people. The remake was how I wanted it to be with some cartoon animated violence. A Brickfilm with just fig heads talking is too ho-hum for me.

The opening scene was filler. This was scripted to be made for THAC and my THAC-6 entry didn't even make top-ten because there wasn't enough dialogue or story for the judges.

The nurse was meant to be a distraction. She doesn't say much. I have wanted to try lip-syncing for some time but there's too much dialogue in this film to warrant that amount of effort throughout. After all its a 3rd rate film mostly made in 24 hours. I thought the moving red lips made her more sexy.

Since then 0ldscratch came up with an effective approach in his "Changes" film. It's a variation on the 4 monkey's approach of just opening the mouth like a muppert. Very effective it looks really good. I wanted to try the whole Preston Blair method but it takes so long to do. Next time I'll just outsource the work to Korea.

As for the ending it was no longer strictly THAC so I changed the theme to ironic. To subtle for you?

CrimStories