Topic: ILL PLANET

Directory Link

ILL PLANET

ILL PLANET [english version]
La planete malade [french version]

A short film we made in five days for a contest about sustainable development. We hope you will enjoy the humor in it!

Re: ILL PLANET

Some very good points in there like were to lazy to walk home even though it's one house away and that we don't need massive cars to go round a city.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

Back to the actual film. The animation was decent, and I like how the heads changed, but sometimes it seemed like when they were talking they just made the same hand movements over and over again. Plus, the woman's hands are yellow, but she has a tan head, which makes it look kind of weird. Otherwise it was an okay film.

mod edit: discussion moved to war room

Last edited by Sméagol (May 15, 2010 (05:27pm))

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

BGanimations wrote:

What is the "war room" ???

Its a hidden forum on the site for people talk about more controversial subjects like politics and religion. Ask Smeagol to give you assess to it if you want.

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

BGanimations wrote:

Back to the actual film. The animation was decent, and I like how the heads changed, but sometimes it seemed like when they were talking they just made the same hand movements over and over again. Plus, the woman's hands are yellow, but she has a tan head, which makes it look kind of weird. Otherwise it was an okay film.

Why was that moved to the war room?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Because it was a discussion on the age of the earth and global warming.

----

Nice animation and voice acting. Pretty funny.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Hehe, that's the first time that I was mod edited. mini/smile

Anyway, again, I would say that the part of the movie that I liked the least was the fact that the woman had a tan head and yellow hands. And maybe you could try to make the set look a bit less colorful. Remember, you're trying to sell the film as a "save the Earth from the road it's already headed down so that we don't all die" kind of thing, not a "the world's all bright and cheery right now, so we still have a little while before we have to do anything" type of deal.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

France & Alex wrote:
BGanimations wrote:

What is the "war room" ???

Read the Fine Manual. mini/smile

Lets get back on topic and talk about the film! I thought the animation was nice, good set design, the head changes were great. I personally loved yer man's robber like face. And also a nice way to raise an issue in a fun way! Here are my person ratings:

Set Design: 7.8/10
Voice Acting: 6/10
Animation: 8.1/10
Lighting: 7.6/10
Story: 8.6/10
Overall: 7.6/10

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Thanks for your comments.

We like colorful sets in our films because that means we are optimistic. This film is supposed to be funny, not scary... We believe that sometimes, it's just interesting pointing out behaviours that aren't logical...

Chuppa summarizes very well what we mean: "we're too lazy to walk home even though it's one house away and we don't need massive cars to go round a city."

Being lazy is one thing, but being aware of it is another thing.

Be aware that most of us reading this thread are very lucky to have all the things we have compared to other men in the world, and that's why we shouldn't waste anything (fuel, electricity, money, water, food...)
So, even if some of you don't believe in global warming, it's not a reason not to pollute as few as possible... which can by the way also keep us healthier!