Topic: -

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (09:48am))

Re: -

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (09:49am))

You can just edit your post. You might want to edit the info in the directory too...

Well animated. I liked the lightsaber and blaster effects too.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

This is a pretty good duel! Good lightsaber effects, good luminosity, great effects... and there is some similarities with ''Lego The Force Unleashed'' of FancyPants mini/blankexpression But I actually like it.

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (09:51am))

LuckeMasse wrote:
LGFB Studios wrote:

This is a pretty good duel! Good lightsaber effects, good luminosity, great effects... and there is some similarities with ''Lego The Force Unleashed'' of FancyPants mini/blankexpression But I actually like it.

I know. I tried my best to keep it original but its REALLY hard cause fancypants almost used like every single lightsaber movements.
But i'm glad you liked it mini/smile

Yes, it's hard! But I think that you make a pretty good job! You could just add some new movments (although it is hard) and it will be an incredible fight!

Awesome Job Lucas!

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (09:54am))

You've attempted something very brave and daring so I shall salute you at that! The action was exciting to watch even though the camera was a little dizzying.

Because name spelling is my forte

the animation was good, but i found the editing to be very sub-par, almost rushed.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

BWJCLego wrote:

the animation was good, but i found the editing to be very sub-par, almost rushed.

While it wasn't AS bad as described above, I did notice a number of occasions where the lightsaber glow disappeared, showing the plastic stick underneath.

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (09:55am))

A guy called Lucas making a saber duel brickfilm?

Oh the irony.

It's not really ironic..

Or maybe it is..

Anyway, good film, good animation, but unfortunately the blaster effects looked odd going up the screen. But that is hard, so I'll ignore it. mini/tongue

But what I would suggest is this: Put the bolts a little to the side, going at an angle to the guy, then make the end of the bolt at the bottom of the screen slightly thicker.

If you don't understand, here's an example (I apologise for my rubbish effects): http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2562/example0000.png

But don't get me wrong, that's just my opinion, and that was a great film, much better than what I could do. mini/smile Well done.

Pretty nice but I can see it was greatly inspired by FancyPants's lightsaber duel. The animation was solid but the light saber effects need a bit of work and some music would have been nice mini/smile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (09:56am))

LuckeMasse wrote:
Daragh wrote:

some music would have been nice mini/smile

Well I couldn't find music that could fit the video.

Brickyman wrote:

A guy called Lucas making a saber duel brickfilm?

Oh the irony.

It's not really ironic..

Or maybe it is..

Anyway, good film, good animation, but unfortunately the blaster effects looked odd going up the screen. But that is hard, so I'll ignore it. mini/tongue

But what I would suggest is this: Put the bolts a little to the side, going at an angle to the guy, then make the end of the bolt at the bottom of the screen slightly thicker.

If you don't understand, here's an example (I apologise for my rubbish effects): http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2562/example0000.png

But don't get me wrong, that's just my opinion, and that was a great film, much better than what I could do. mini/smile Well done.

Thank you for your advise. I will use Adobe After Effects CS4 next time so I'll go with that.
And I just knew someone would mention that "Lucas making a saber duel" lol!

you could also use LSmaker...

-

I thought it was a little blurry in could maybe use more pics to fix that. A problem I have is making everyone animated and when he kills all the storm troopers. It'd be great if they were all doing something. I do love those opening camera movements though. Overall: Not bad!

-

My first thoughts:
"Ooh, I see a shiny!"
...I know. I don't understand me either. mini/confused

YouTube | Pi
Brickfilming is an animation medium. Not a nerdy obsession for little kids. Get it straight.