Re: Septemberfest 2010 Contest [CLOSED]

Rsteenoven wrote:

Badly organised contest is badly organised.

A mod element is something that needs to be included in a contest entry to prove that the film was made for that contest.

Homer, an acceptable solution to that would be to provide single images from each shot the mod element is in, in color, to the judges. The film can be submitted in black and white as long as you can prove the mod elements were used. Seeing as the theme is "no dialogue" I thought it would be a bit silly to have a letter mod element.

I hope this doesn't get messy - I wanted to avoid mod elements but I suppose with a theme this open it is needed. If someone has a better suggestion I'm all ears.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I'm not going to use signs in my films so the Letter Mod won't get in my way.

Last edited by HomerBall (September 1, 2010 (03:00am))

That seems fair, Sean.

Last edited by Danimation (September 1, 2010 (03:03am))

Sean wrote:

This element will be a yellow brick connected to a red brick and must appear at least once in each scene (it does not have to be every shot).

So I have to send you both a Black and White and colour version and ruin my dark gothic setting with two of the brightest colours in the spectrum?

Grrr.....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

HomerBall wrote:

I guess I will have to make my film in colour then.

Well, no. You can film the thing in B&W, but take one photo in color. It doesn't have to be in the film, just send the photos in with your film. I think Sean said something around those lines. You just need to prove that it was done in the timeframe.

Danimation wrote:

mini/eek that was quick.

Yes, I know. mini/lol
I'm even wondering weather I should do a better story, cause it only needs two sets, and is less then 2 mins. However, it does give me more time to experiment camera shots, edit, and make good sets. mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Max Butcher wrote:

So I have to send you both a Black and White and colour version and ruin my dark gothic setting with two of the brightest colours in the spectrum?

Grrr.....

-MRB

This is another reason I wanted to avoid having a mod element altogether, to allow entrants more creative freedom.

Sean wrote:

provide single images from each shot the mod element is in, in color, to the judges. The film can be submitted in black and white as long as you can prove the mod elements were used.

Instead of that I would prefer just to take some pics of the set with it in in colour and send it to the Mod's.

Edit: Oh.

Here's an idea, I send some pics in with a guy holding the logo in each scene? (Paper.)

Last edited by zerowellies (September 1, 2010 (03:08am))

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

That's exactly what I suggested, LegoDudez...

Danimation wrote:
HomerBall wrote:

I guess I will have to make my film in colour then.

Well, no. You can film the thing in B&W, but take one photo in color. It doesn't have to be in the film, just send the photos in with your film. I think Sean said something around those lines. You just need to prove that it was done in the timeframe.

Alright I will do that then

Sorry, you posted that when I was posting it...

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Lots of people seem to be doing this in B&W. Hopefully I'm the only one doing a film-noir brickfilm here... if someone else does it it'll be like going to a party wearing the same dress as somebody.
Not that I know what that's like ( mini/shifty ), just a good analogy.

Last edited by Danimation (September 1, 2010 (03:15am))

Rsteenoven wrote:

Badly organised contest is badly organised.

Thanks for the helpful and insightful feedback.

I'm trying to clear these issues up asap before any significant amount of time is taken from the production time. I always expected my first contest to be a learning experience, I'll be sure to take these things into account earlier next time.

You're doing an alright job IMO.

LegoDudez wrote:

Here's an idea, I send some pics in with a guy holding the logo in each scene? (Paper.)

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

If people stopped posting and actually read what has been posted already, this thread would be half the length it is now. Anyway, thanks for picking a good theme Sean mini/smile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

LegoDudez, the Brickscope logo must be included in the film credits.

Yeah great theme Sean.

Am i allowed to add grunts jibberish talk?

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?