Re: Septemberfest 2010 Contest [CLOSED]

Please can we have a Letter Mod. Please.

So would it be alright if you do the film in colour without the mod elements, and then just do an added picture with the colours in, or when you have colour do you have to include them? Bit confused is all, but fabulous theme.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Sean wrote:

LegoDudez, the Brickscope logo must be included in the film credits.

I will just give some proof by having a random picture from two of the scene's (not in film) to send to the mods.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Man trying 2 think of an idea it's so hard

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k601/GuardadoProductionsFilms/Bannerbricksinmotion_3.png               
                           http://www.youtube.com/Luigi123X
GAMING CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/user/GUproductionsGamer
MUSIC CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/user/GuardadoMusicMix

I want to enter...

But, I have a crap camera, and I'm away most of the time. mini/confused

So, can you remove the mod element thing to proof, that this was for the contest?

And give examples?

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Grunts are allowed. Gibberish talk would be pretty risky. There would be a grey area as far as gibberish is concerned and if you insist on using gibberish you'll have to make that judgment call.

LegOpinions, the film has to be filmed with the mod element in it - that's the whole point.

LegoDudez, I no longer understand what you're talking about... I thought I'd made the solution to a black and white film clear.

Last edited by Sean (September 1, 2010 (04:45am))

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

How about you say we just need to give proof (instead of a Mod element), then give examples on how to proof that the film was made for the contest?

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

The point of the mod element being in the film is to provide proof that it was made specifically for a certain contest, during that contest's period.

Just made a signature image for my entry. Hope you like it.

Sean wrote:

The point of the mod element being in the film is to provide proof that it was made specifically for a certain contest, during that contest's period.

I DON'T WANT A FLIPPING MOD ELEMENT IN MY FILM. IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION?

Stop being like Apple, answer the question.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Script's written. Anyways, my film will also be partially black and white, 2 scenes are in bright colors. So PLEASE, PLEASE can we have a letter mod and a color mod to chose from? It's a lot easier. ( No, I'm not making a noir, Danimation mini/wink )

And I ask again: Can we add a quote of a famous person at the end of the film? It's kind of essential in my film.
And guys, be a little nice to Sean, it's not easy to host this kind of contest.

Last edited by Pillow (September 1, 2010 (05:08am))

LegoDudez wrote:
Sean wrote:

That just made my day.

mini/wink

Brainstorming.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

LegoDudez wrote:
Sean wrote:

I DON'T WANT A FLIPPING MOD ELEMENT IN MY FILM. IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION?

I answered your question. Stop getting riled up. Mod elements have been used in LOTS of contests in the past, including all THACs and BRAWLs and as far as I'm aware they haven't been a huge problem in the past. (And thanks for likening me to a massively successful technology company).

As it seems to be a popular request and will save a lot of headaches for both parties, I will add a letter mod element: "Q". The front page will be updated shortly after I publish this post.

vik, I'm not entirely sure about that. I'll get back to you.

YAY LETTER MOD mini/bigsmile

Sean wrote:
LegoDudez wrote:
Sean wrote:

As it seems to be a popular request and will save a lot of headaches for both parties, I will add a letter mod element: "Q". The front page will be updated shortly after I publish this post.

Great, Q, and if you need to know what quote, read my signature (Stephen King), it would come at the end of my film and it's more like showing the source of inspiration. So it's not dialogue

vik wrote:
Sean wrote:
LegoDudez wrote:

Great, Q, and if you need to know what quote, read my signature (Stephen King), it would come at the end of my film and it's more like showing the source of inspiration.

Awesome, I love Stephen King.

Yep I get that vik. I think it will be fine, but just let me get a second opinion before I give a definitive "yes" or "no".

Ok, cool. Thanks for hosting this contest, I'm excited.