Re: Septemberfest 2010 Contest [CLOSED]

Can you guys please stop arguing about the mod element now. LegoDudez if you don't want to use the
mod element you cannot enter. Simple as that.

Also I think I might be able to start animating soon.

Just a suggestion (then we can stop this mod argument thingo).
LegoDudez, I'm sure you can fit it in somewhere. If not, just put the mod at the side of the screen, and for the finished film just crop it out by zooming the camera in slightly. Send them a photo or something of the uncropped shot as well as your film. I don't know, figure something out.

Now, let's stop with the mod argument.

Still trying to come up with an idea...

Right, so is everyone except LegoDudez happy with the current mod elements setup?

Also Der, your question is answered in the first post.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I cant say I'm happy, but I'm willing to live with it. I suppose you need proof somehow....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

I dont get the mod element. Does it have to be a "Lego brick" or can it be any red and yellow piece?

TDogg186 wrote:

I dont get the mod element. Does it have to be a "Lego brick" or can it be any red and yellow piece?

It has to be a Lego Brick.

I really can't see why so many people are upset about the mod elements.

HomerBall wrote:
TDogg186 wrote:

It has to be a Lego Brick.

It has to be any red and yellow LEGO piece. It doesn't have to be a brick, it can be part of a minifig.

Used to be 'Caidence'

Just so I can know for sure (about the color mod) what exactly would be considered a scene? Do you have to use the mod at least once in every location in the film?

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

Munzapoppa wrote:

Do you have to use the mod at least once in every location in the film?

I think so.

I've thought of my entire movie script (while I was in the shower no less mini/tongue  )  I can't build any sets now seeing as over the past day I've been busy organizing my Lego by color and size.  It's taking me a while and I'm half-way done too.  I wanted to get that doen so it will be easier for me to build my set.  Sorry jstudios, no co-pro, I've got mine ALL planned out, sorry. mini/sad
Best thing about this contest, it eliminates a big part of making the film for some people, no casting calls! mini/lol

I've started the script. Very very very excited about this competition.

je n'ai toujours pas de scénario :S I had an idea but it is simply impossible without voice

Adventure, action, humor... Simply Molecule Studios !

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3807/moleculestudioslogo2.jpg

MoléculeStudios wrote:

je n'ai toujours pas de scénario :S

Chill, it's just the first day.

Sean, thanks a lot for hosting this contest. It's got me excited to start making brickfilms again. The theme is great, and I have some ideas. I hope no one else has the same ideas, though, as it might be a bit too obvious. The mod element is simple enough to fit it in, but I'll have to do my best not to make it seem out-of-place. All part of the challenge, really. Again, thanks, I look forward to seeing some genuinely cool and inventive entries.

Ok, I've got my idea, and will be able to start just as soon as I finish a little film I'm working on. I want to get that finished first because it will sort of be a test for my new programs.

I just hope I don't get too much homework as soon as I get back. mini/smile

Sean wrote:

Right, so is everyone except LegoDudez happy with the current mod elements setup?

So can I just show you some pics with the mod element in (in each scene) and then take the mod elements out when I animate?

Sorry for being a ignorant, idiotic, annoying, whining barbarian buffoon.

Sean your doing an epic job. I am very happy with the theme and you are doing super.

I think I was just angry at an unsatisfied answer.

Who modded the posts out?

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Alright guys, I'm not entering after all (Don't ask), however I will be keeping a day to day update on what's the latest with Septemberfest. if you have any news at all on what you're doing, just PM me (or quote this) and I'd be happy to include you in the update, that includes if you want a shout-out, link, update on your stuff, anything.
LegOpinions,
Septemberfest Reporter (Un-official as yet)

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

@LegoDudez YOU NEED TO KEEP THE MODS IN THE SET AT ALL TIMES. Taking a pic of the set is only for those who are making black and white films.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile