Topic: ROBOphelia vs. Grabbor

Directory Link

ROBOphelia vs. Grabbor

YouTube
Vimeo
Downloadable .mov

Report-O-Bot-Ophelia explores the Pinchbot Mothership searching for the Pinchbot Leaderbot: Grabbor. She sings to pass the time. ROBOphelia finds Grabbor and questions him about the Pinchbot invasion, while Grabbor questions ROBOphelia's robot loyalties. A fight ensues.

Part 3 of 7 of "Robots!"

And yes, all similarities to MegaMan are entirely intentional.

Re: ROBOphelia vs. Grabbor

I already said this on YouTube, but I love this video. mini/smile ROBOphelia's weird type of animation is just so cool. She's such a great character. Grabbor's eyes are pretty nice, too. Where did you get the main pieces for that? The only problem is it feels it needs some music in the fight, and Grabbor's grunts and such get really repetitive.

I really liked the platforming and boss battle animation, you're very creative in your use of lego elements.  The only thing that kind of ruins this for me is the voice acting, it's just way too cutesy for my taste.  But I'm guessing I'm not the target audience here so that probably doesn't matter mini/smile

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

Grabbor's eyes are pretty nice, too. Where did you get the main pieces for that?

They're from one of the Technic Cyberslam sets from the 90s. They're just stickers but I love 'em.

Fancypants wrote:

The only thing that kind of ruins this for me is the voice acting, it's just way too cutesy for my taste. But I'm guessing I'm not the target audience here so that probably doesn't matter

You say cutesy, I say cartoony. mini/smile As for target audience, my demographics are really bizarre: my main audience is middle-aged men followed by young teenage boys and middle-aged women. I was originally aiming for the area in between, but I guess I don't understand my own age group. mini/tongue

Wow!  The platforming section and battle were awesome, and I actually found the half-hearted grunts and sounds during that fight very funny... really inventive with both animation and parts, but also standout visual design on this one if you ask me! mini/smile

Garrett wrote:

Wow!  The platforming section and battle were awesome, and I actually found the half-hearted grunts and sounds during that fight very funny... really inventive with both animation and parts, but also standout visual design on this one if you ask me! mini/smile

Thanks Garrett, that means a lot coming from you!