Topic: The Legend of Mousty

Directory Link

The Legend of Mousty

The Legend of Mousty

This as an old film I made back in 2009 with my brother. He did most of the animation, whilst I directed, did some other animation and some other stuff. It's not really that great compared to my more recent stuff. But please enjoy. mini/smile

The story here of the Land of Weird has also been greatly changed since the creation of this movie. It's now just about Jahk (who appears as he did in "Pirates Rule!" without Mousty traveling throughout the Land of Weird trying to rid it of Evil Lord Bob and destroy his flying castle the Nightmare Citadel with a fairy, Mr, Weird, Mr. Munchy, and the Optimistic Crusader Sir Plus. And it's much longer. It's a tree part series I've been trying to write for some time: 'Todopoderoso', 'The Never Not Knights', and 'The Day After Yesterday'. The stuff I have down is way better than this. Haha xD Hopefully, I'll get it printed eventually...

Re: The Legend of Mousty

I saw this before you released it here. I was looking at your channel and found this.

This is a short, wierd film. Not as good as some of your newer stuff, but it's okay, I guess.

I see that you're going to change the story for a new version. It sounds better than this film is. From the description, it sounds like the new version is a remake of this. I like that you're going to get rid of Mousty, his voice doesn't really match his appearance. A suggestion: Since the new version includes Jahk and Mr. Munchy, you could have it connect to Pirates Rule! somehow. You could have it take place after Pirates Rule! and since Mr. Munchy is Jahk's pet by the end of Pirates Rule!, you could have them both get to the Land of Weird the same way.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Pirates Rule! was actually sort of a parallel version of the Land of Weird Universe. I really thought Jahk and Munchy worked well in Pirates, so I did it. xD
The two can't really work together because Jahk (in the Land of Weird) is shanghaied into a pirate ship, but before he ever does any very pirate-y stuff, he and the ship gets sucked into the Land of Weird. No time for going to Japan.
Also, Mr. Munchy is Mr. Weird's pet, which he obtains in a realm of space called the Red Zone after defeating the Red Lord, and munchy by chopping off all of his tentacles, he then gave him some robotic tentacles, and befriended the giant alien cyborg man-eating squid. Munchy come in in the second book.

So you're saying the Pirates Rule! universe is a parallel universe to the Land of Weird universe? Intresting.

I forgot to ask this in my last post: How did you make the dynamite stick sizzle effect? It kind of looks like how you do a muzzle flash. I might want to use that, I think it looks good on the dynamite.

Last edited by minifig051 (July 15, 2011 (01:00pm))

I used some photo shop lens flares but I used the dodge tool to brighten it, and I set the regular brush tool to color and colored it.
If you do it, make sure your brush has faded edges.

Darn, I don't have Photoshop. Oh, well.

Mmm... Might be able to do it with Gimp.
But I've never used it, so I don't know. mini/tongue

Or, if I ever need that effect, I could just send a clip to you and you can do it.