Topic: Stop Planking

Directory Link

Stop Planking

Brickshelf
YouTube (HD) Plus subtitled when his voice is too squeaky
MediaFire Download

http://i.imgur.com/cHMgC.jpg

One day, an unpleasant surprise comes across to Nick, Bob is PLANKING!

Stop yar planking, It's really dangerous. Seriously (read YouTube description) and otherwise... stupid.
Anyway, Enjoy! mini/mrgreen

-LASF

Last edited by LASF (September 3, 2011 (09:37am))

Re: Stop Planking

What the hell just happened? Though seriously, guy planks, guy screams, more planking, negative picture, more screaming, more planking? The animation (if you can call it that) is well, choppy but better than your other films.

1/5

EDIT- And who would want to download it? And thanks to the people who down rated me. Dragging me down with you n00bs.

-Rob

Last edited by RobBrick (July 29, 2011 (04:16pm))

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

RobBrick wrote:

What the *BLEEP* just happened? Though seriously, guy planks, guy screams, more planking, negative picture, more screaming, more planking? The animation (if you can call it that) is well, choppy but better than your other films.

1/5

-Rob

mini/blankexpression
Alright. I'm gonna face it, you'll never say anything positive about me.
But, I can't stop you and nor your opinion.

-LASF

Last edited by LASF (July 29, 2011 (06:54am))

Look, I'm not trying to be Mr. Pessimist here, but maybe you should think on a solid idea, set up a casting call so you don't have to use your voice over and over, and then work hard on a minute or more project. Not all these little
shorts with you trying to mimic different voices. Sorry again, that post was a bit harsh.

-Rob

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

RobBrick wrote:

What the hell just happened? Though seriously, guy planks, guy screams, more planking, negative picture, more screaming, more planking? The animation (if you can call it that) is well, choppy but better than your other films.

1/5

EDIT- And who would want to download it?

-Rob

You know, you could be a little nicer. mini/blankexpression

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I didn't exactly understand it, but your animation has definitely improved. Work a little longer on a film and you'll be doing really well!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

RobBrick wrote:

What the *BLEEP* just happened? Though seriously, guy planks, guy screams, more planking, negative picture, more screaming, more planking? The animation (if you can call it that) is well, choppy but better than your other films.

1/5

Harsh is correct. I actually worked on this for a while now (believe it or not). Choppy? I'm using 12/15 FPS and a 6-frame walk cycle, it's still choppy?

Well, I actually don't know. I just put it out there so if any actually wants to.

RobBrick wrote:

...Not all these little shorts...

Well, then you'll probably really hate SithSerenity's videos

I'll take your advice, I just wish it could come a little more nice.

RobBrick wrote:

n00bs

You just love that word. mini/no

EDIT:

Onion wrote:

Not much to do with the conversation of the film, but I'm not a fan of SithSerenity. Rather the opposite. So if I were you, I wouldn't model my videos off his.

Oh, I was just giving him an example of someone who makes just shorts (I've made longer before), that's all mini/cat

-LASF

Last edited by LASF (August 10, 2011 (02:57pm))

Not much to do with the conversation of the film, but I'm not a fan of SithSerenity. Rather the opposite. So if I were you, I wouldn't model my videos off his.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Honestly I laughed. The randomness, it didn't make sense. I thought it was rather enjoyable, so well done.

Well... I think the focus could be worked on, and some casting calls can be used in the future. Videos that make sense are nice too. If you want some tips, I have a Stop-motion Tips page on my website. It was alright. Not terrible,a nd not Amazing, so 2/5. Keep working on it and you'll be brilliant. mini/wink

http://tinyurl.com/24rqc2p
http://tinyurl.com/2fo79mjhttp://tinyurl.com/29wkd5hhttp://tinyurl.com/2f9tw29
Sig by RealBrick. I now make sigs, avatars and YouTube backgrounds free of charge! Just PM me, titled one of the options.

Great job! It was really funny!

Onion wrote:

I didn't exactly understand it, but your animation has definitely improved. Work a little longer on a film and you'll be doing really well!

Moyrust wrote:

...The randomness, it didn't make sense...

Yeah, the randomness was kind of what I was going for. Thanks for the tips!

Moyrust wrote:

Honestly I laughed .... I though it was rather enjoyable, so well done.

Thank you for your nice comment! mini/mrgreen

J.TProductions wrote:

Well... I think the focus could be worked on, and some casting calls can be used in the future. Videos that make sense are nice too. If you want some tips, I have a Stop-motion Tips page on my website. It was alright. Not terrible, and not Amazing, so 2/5. Keep working on it and you'll be brilliant mini/wink

Yeah, I just noticed the focus is a little weird going in and out of focus. If you have a Logitech C910, how do you use manual focus instead of auto focus? mini/confused
Anyway, I'll keep everything you said in mind for my BRAWL film (that's the next film I'll be making) mini/smile

LegoAnimationDude wrote:

Great job! It was really funny!

Thanks a bunch, LegoAnimationDude! mini/smile

-LASF

Sméagol wrote:
RobBrick wrote:

1/5

-Rob

You know, you could be a little nicer. mini/blankexpression

After watching this film, I have to agree with RobBrick - on everything.

The animation: choppy, needs a lot of work.
Story: Didn't understand any of it.

All I left with, after watching this film, was seeing a minifig planking, that's all I understood. After that it went downhill.

And downvoting RobBrick for his post is just silly, he's giving the cold hard truth, sometimes, that's what someone needs to improve, instead of sugar-coating your review so they think "Oh, I can keep making films like this - they're not too bad according to -"

Last edited by KinzCove (July 29, 2011 (02:59pm))

Thanks Onion...I needed that : P
How could you possibly not be a fan of me? I mean look at my rep on bricksinmotion...that's saying something right there! (lol)

Last edited by SithSerenity (July 29, 2011 (03:21pm))

SithSerenity wrote:

Thanks Onion...I needed that : P
How could you possibly not be a fan of me? I mean look at my rep on bricksinmotion...that's saying something right there! (lol)

It's ironic that you want your rep to get better, but you say stuff like...

SithSerenity wrote:

How could you possibly not be a fan of me?

@Chris, I was being sarcastic on that last post dude. I really don't care lol. The reason I have a low rep is beacuse I do stuff like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss on bricksinmotion.

SithSerenity wrote:

@Chris, I was being sarcastic on that last post dude.

Yeah, it's hard to tell sarcasm on the internet. That's why I put like "/sarcasm" at the end of a sarcastic post.

I remember when I used to take constructive criticism personally back on brickfilms. When really people are just sharing their honest opinions.