Topic: [BRAWL 2011] Circle

Directory Link

BRAWL: Circle

YouTube

My BRAWL entry, which I hate. It's not supposed to be spelled out what happened, so yeah. Try and think about it. Enjoy...
Thanks to DW|Storm to do the rain effects for me.

EDIT: The mod elements are largely cropped out, but I sent Goliathan all of the original frames where they are visible.

Last edited by Pillow (August 15, 2011 (11:58am))

Re: [BRAWL 2011] Circle

its was quite good

I enjoyed it. Its not too often someone can execute a dramatic brickfilm well ,but I  think you are one of the few.
4/5

A very strange brickfilm that is still making me trying to figure out what happened, it has interesting camera movements and weirdly edited together wich makes for a great atmosphere for the film
Very interesting film

4/5

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

I liked this brickfilm a lot. It really made you think about what was going on, and I liked that, few brickfilms are able to accomplish that feeling. This is another great film from you Vik.

5/5

Watching it again - its the most intriguing and thoughtful Brickfilm I have ever seen. Its always a good thing when I'm directly challenged as to what animating with a couple of Bricks can do....

5/5

YouTube
Max, She/They

This is a great film, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Really loved this, it was thought intriguing and the cinematography was interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

bricksinmotion member of the year

Oh god, it's like being in English/Liturature class again. Each scene was very well executed, and the accompanying music for each scene was great, but piece it all together, and I'm just left dazed as at face value, this is nothing more than a dramatic clip show. I think I understood parts of it, but the scene with the door and the blue towers (which incidentally had the best music) was most puzzling of all. I like films that are able to convey a story with almost zero dialogue, but I'm not sure what to make of this one.

Well, consider yourself congratulated, you've managed to confuse the hell out of me.

I enjoyed it.
The animation was quite good (4/5), the rain effects was very well done (5/5), and the lighting was done almost perfectly.
It was very cinematic, I rate it 5 bricks. mini/smile

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

I loved the rain effects (olol). I really thought you tried hard on the tension part. I am also still figuring out what happened. But that is good. Very good execution! Well done!
~Storm

mod edit: Ohai there Mod, you alright?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=DWStorm
^^^^Check out my bricklink store ^^^^

Interesting mini/smile Good luck!

-Story: 7/10
   -Cinematography: 8/10
   -Sound: 8/10
   -Animation: 6/10
   -Music: 7/10
   -Effects: 7/10

→OVERALL: 7/10

mcoov wrote:

this is nothing more than a dramatic clip show.

That was my intention, though. But some of the "clips" could have been done better, especially the second black and white one.

Thanks for the comments guys mini/smile

I really liked the opening sequence by the way. So eerie.

What program did you use to make the rain?

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

I used sony vegas my self. But I do not do it like the rest. I have my own secret way. If you would like any rain effects done, I'M FREE.

~Storm

mod edit: Ohai there Mod, you alright?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=DWStorm
^^^^Check out my bricklink store ^^^^

The first 20 seconds or so dumped me straight into derpression.

Which is brilliant, you pulled it off perfectly. mini/tongue

Nice, enjoyable, and very cinematic, althought there were a few editing nicks..

8.5/10

Placed 17th in BRAWL (tie with 18th place). Just putting that in this thread seeing it concerns the film, and also to bump it so it might get more reviews.