Topic: Indestructible

Directory Link

Indestructible

Youtube

This is my first film, I think its a bit choppy. Anyways its just a movie, I'm getting better software.
Yeah, so I like it, I added music and narration by my little brothers.

Last edited by jtotiger (September 26, 2011 (05:25am))

http://www.youtube.com/user/legomaniac246
BLAH i dont have a signature....well i guess i do....i dont know...

Re: Indestructible

well...
To be honest I don't think that its a bad Idea to get subscribers however after watching that I wouldn't subscribe. mini/sad
a fair warning my revues tend to get long.

First thing that I noticed that was weird about the film was your film making name.
I don't know but isn't Lego Maniac already taken? it sounded familiar.

second you need to pick up the frame rate on this.
This is just a guess but I will assume that you are taking pictures and using software like windows movie maker to put them together. Don't do this.
If you are take a look Here to look at free animation software.

I would also not suggest playing the same music over and over.
It was a nice song but you might want to look here to find some free background music that is a bit longer.

The final thing that you need to add is a plot. mini/dizzy
I had no idea who these people were or what was happening.
a story behind the animation would be nice mini/wink

those are the only things you have to really should  change.
I also have some Questions about why they where killing so many people that didn't look like goblins.
Also what was the clay.

This was a pretty long revue but if you read it you will become a much better animator. (hopefully) mini/yes

Last edited by Coyote Creek Films (September 26, 2011 (04:23am))

Thanks, yeah I used iMovie, and its hard to work with. I have used monkeyjam, but I am gonna use FramebyFrame from that link. yeah I'm pretty new to brickfilming, my brother did it for a while. I just got a trial for After Effects, and after that I'm gonna use an editing software from that link. Yeah iMovie didn't have very good songs. Also I will be watching more brickfilms to solve that plot problem. hope my next brickfilm is better. Also I am using a Canon Powershot, my webcams are both crap.

jtotiger wrote:

Thanks, yeah I used iMovie, and its hard to work with. I have used monkeyjam, but I am gonna use FramebyFrame from that link. yeah I'm pretty new to brickfilming, my brother did it for a while. I just got a trial for After Effects, and after that I'm gonna use an editing software from that link. Yeah iMovie didn't have very good songs. Also I will be watching more brickfilms to solve that plot problem. hope my next brickfilm is better. Also I am using a Canon Powershot, my webcams are both crap.

What's the exact model of the powershot? I use a SX130IS and it's excellent.
I noticed that it looks like you aren't using Manual Focus on it. That's a must since with Autofocus, it'll focus every single shot by itself, and it can cause distortion and light problems.

Secondly, FramebyFrame is a good program, but as you add more frames in, you'll notice that it's VERY temperamental.
It often freezes and it can quit, losing your work.

iStopMotion or Final Cut Express might be a better bet depending on what you aim to do with brick filming. If you have any long videos that have a lot of frames, you should really consider using these programs.

Finally, increase your frame rate when you're filming. 15FPS is the standard around here. Not too choppy, and not overly smooth.

Good luck!

http://i53.tinypic.com/hwd9qr.png

LegoLandChronicles wrote:
jtotiger wrote:

I noticed that it looks like you aren't using Manual Focus on it. That's a must since with Autofocus, it'll focus every single shot by itself, and it can cause distortion and light problems.

Secondly, FramebyFrame is a good program, but as you add more frames in, you'll notice that it's VERY temperamental.

iStopMotion or Final Cut Express might be a better bet depending on what you aim to do with brick filming. If you have any long videos that have a lot of frames, you should really consider using these programs.

Finally, increase your frame rate when you're filming. 15FPS is the standard around here. Not too choppy, and not overly smooth.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, I am planning on making a better, smoother movie, I'll post some of my ideas in the "preliminary" section of the forum. I use Canon Powershot A495. Its not the best..but its the best camera i own. So how do you turn off Auto Focus? Also do you know any good free animation software for mac? Yeah I usually do 15FPS but iMovie didn't have it really so you could choose....Anyways thanks!

jtotiger wrote:
LegoLandChronicles wrote:
jtotiger wrote:

Good luck!

Oh yeah, I am planning on making a better, smoother movie, I'll post some of my ideas in the "preliminary" section of the forum. I use Canon Powershot A495. Its not the best..but its the best camera i own. So how do you turn off Auto Focus? Also do you know any good free animation software for mac? Yeah I usually do 15FPS but iMovie didn't have it really so you could choose....Anyways thanks!

I'm not sure on the A495. Check the user manual.

Best software is either iStopmotion, DragonStopMotion or Final Cut Express/Pro.

So, i am currently making a new movie, making sure that it isnt choppy and stuff. Just gotta figure out my auto focus issue first.
Now my issue is I can't Buy software, so i just need to know good frame organizing software for mac, if there isnt i always have monkeyjam on my laptop.
Yeah, I am hoping this film i am making will be very nice, i have the plot and scenery, so i think im set. My brother did brickfilming for quite some time (Director0012/sleuth5000/sleuthstudios) so he's helping me. We got the trial for after effects so im gonna use that for editing. Also, mentioned earlier, i did change my "production name" it is now JMProductions, (my name). So yeah. Thanks!

jtotiger wrote:

So, i am currently making a new movie, making sure that it isnt choppy and stuff. Just gotta figure out my auto focus issue first.
Now my issue is I can't Buy software, so i just need to know good frame organizing software for mac, if there isnt i always have monkeyjam on my laptop.
Yeah, I am hoping this film i am making will be very nice, i have the plot and scenery, so i think im set. My brother did brickfilming for quite some time (Director0012/sleuth5000/sleuthstudios) so he's helping me. We got the trial for after effects so im gonna use that for editing. Also, mentioned earlier, i did change my "production name" it is now JMProductions, (my name). So yeah. Thanks!

After Effects isn't an editing software. It's a compositing program used for making motion graphics. You're better off using Adobe's editor, Premier Pro or Elements for your video.

If you're using a Mac, instead of monkey jam you can use iStopMotion or Framebyframe(free) - They are programs that will take your pictures and make them into a video for you.