Re: The quick short advertising contest entry [inappropriate content!]

Sméagol wrote:

You know this won't qualify for the contest, right?

I doubt it.

- Leo

Sméagol wrote:

You know this won't qualify for the contest, right?

the rules wrote:

A film that is made in poor taste or advertising something that, if it were discussed in a post would get that post deleted, will also be disqualified. This is to ensure that this contest (and by extension, this site) remain family friendly.

Dr Neo Lao:
I had assumed that such a "rule" would not be necessary, which is why it wasn't in there from the beginning. Note that although we (now) have this rule in writing, there is a fair amount of leeway in the selection of products. Very serious material can be done in brick films (see the Anne Frank in Bricks contest) and since this is the internet, it is kind of hard to shock people.
Having said that, if two out of the three judges say "that film is offensive" then said film would be disqualified. Note that the judges are 18, 23 and 30 years old respectively.

I know, we'll see if i get disqualified, i don't mind and i get it if i'm out I just made it for fun=D

The "Anne Frank in Bricks" contest was not intended to be serious, it was inspired by a poorly made video on the subject, by a user named Weirdears, and the basis of the contest was to make fun of the original video.

I know your latest two videos now include warnings for content, but unfortunately this is not enough, because there are a lot of younger people here and we don't have a way of age restricting content.  (Warnings are easy to disregard.)  There is precedent for some "inappropriate content" such as innuendo and language being tolerated as long as sufficient warnings are provided, but after some complaints were received I took a look at the videos and I think they are a little too obscene for this site regardless of warnings.  (Yes, it is with LEGO and not real people, but it's still problematic considering this is arguably NC-17 type content, translated into LEGO.)

If you want to submit your entry to Dr. Neo Lao's contest I won't try to stop that of course, and feel free to promote your videos through YouTube, but these videos are too obscene for a site with a generally very young audience.  We're receiving complaints from parents, and this is exactly the kind of problem we are trying to avoid here.  This was a difficult decision to make, and I hope you will understand,

-Sméagol

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

The "Anne Frank in Bricks" contest was not intended to be serious, it was inspired by a poorly made video on the subject, by a user named Weirdears, and the basis of the contest was to make fun of the original video.

I know your latest two videos now include warnings for content, but unfortunately this is not enough, because there are a lot of younger people here and we don't have a way of age restricting content.  (Warnings are easy to disregard.)  There is precedent for some "inappropriate content" such as innuendo and language being tolerated as long as sufficient warnings are provided, but after some complaints were received I took a look at the videos and I think they are a little too obscene for this site regardless of warnings.  (Yes, it is with LEGO and not real people, but it's still problematic considering this is arguably NC-17 type content, translated into LEGO.)

If you want to submit your entry to Dr. Neo Lao's contest I won't try to stop that of course, and feel free to promote your videos through YouTube, but these videos are too obscene for a site with a generally very young audience.  We're receiving complaints from parents, and this is exactly the kind of problem we are trying to avoid here.  This was a difficult decision to make, and I hope you will understand,

-Sméagol

I understand and i won't be promoting my more obscene films on BIM anymore (note that those last 2 were my first i made obscene ) and my other videos won't be like this.
I'm sorry for the complaints i caused.

It's OK, hopefully now that some clear limits are set it won't be as much of a problem in the future, I'm glad you understand.

-Sméagol

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

It's OK, hopefully now that some clear limits are set it won't be as much of a problem in the future, I'm glad you understand.

-Sméagol

No problem, I didn't really know, i'm pretty knew here.