Topic: The State of Bricks in Motion

As you probably know by now, Schlaeps has stepped down as administrator of Bricks in Motion and I am the new administrator for this site.

There is a lot left to be done before this site will really be complete, at least on the same level as the old Brickfilms site was complete, but rest assured we are working on it.  There are several areas to be addressed, so I'll do my best to explain what's left to be done:

• The Film Directory is not completed.  In fact, the directory is not close to being ready to open.  Slothpaladin, a capable and experienced programmer as well as a long-time member of this community, has agreed to help in the process of creating the new film directory, along with several other senior members who will be providing feedback.  Though this is a central component of the site, completing it will take some time to do right, but we hope to have the directory open soon.  Until then, we have the releases forum for sharing and reviewing films.  After reviewing applications, we have selected the following members for the Review Panel:

• High Tower

• Leonardo812

• MindGame

• Nick Durron

• RP Hoogle

• The Resources section is now underway.  Nathan Wells and myself are working on a new resources section, there isn't much to show yet but we are conferring with several long-time members of the site and are certainly willing to hear your ideas as well.  Resources like Ash's Free Software List will be valuable additions to the resources, whether such resources remain forum threads or become pages in the resources section

Once the key components of this website are up and running, there are many other ideas I would like to explore as ways to expand the site.  Presently, however, the priority is to complete the Resources and Film Directory.  Thank you,

-Sméagol

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Re: The State of Bricks in Motion

Good luck man, I'll be willing to give a hand if needed.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

I, too, will give help if needed.  As VN said, good luck!

I will help in any way I can. I would especially enjoy working in TEC, getting contact with the judges, averaging the judging, etc. The only problem was that I entered, but I will not cheat with the results in any way. Getting the film directory done is also a thing I find interesting, and I can also help with resources.

Glad to see you're getting to work on this right away. You'll definitely make a great admin, Smeagol. You have my full support.

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes

I can help in any way.

Last edited by lil'jj (February 27, 2009 (05:40pm))

We now have spoiler tags, of a sort.  They're the kind where you highlight to read.  I'll try to make the colors work a little better...

Spoiler (click to read)

Like this.

edit: fixed the colors as well.

Wow, improvements are already being made! I have complete confidence that you will be a great leader of this website, Smeagol!

I like the spoiler tags.
And if you want to add the FSL, by all means do. I created it to be used. mini/smile
If having it set up as a resource page which I can edit/send edits in to is too much hassle, maybe a link on the Resources page to the thread would be a good idea. I'll knock up a button if you want. Or, maybe a summary with the most popular starting software for each platform on the resources page as a permanent list, and then a link to the thread's evolving list. What do you think?

Good luck guys, seems like a gargantuan task!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/RockyFS/things/sigbim1_copy.jpg

-Available to answer questions on Hardware, Software, and Audio. Also, I recommend checking out the offical Free Software List

Spoiler (click to read)

hey, cool

Spoiler (click to read)

And your arm goes...Pwank![/Chappy]

Glad to see you've got them set up.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Spoiler (click to read)

YAY!

EDIT: No more weird this that says when you've edited your post? COOL!
eDIT 2: But it does.. but it didn't for Smeagol... mini/eek

Last edited by Aaron (February 27, 2009 (07:09pm))

He didn't edit his post.

Aaron wrote:

But it does.. but it didn't for Smeagol... mini/eek

Eh...sorry about that, I'm an admin so by default it doesn't show when I edit something.  It's important to have the 'edited' note though because it keeps people from trying to 'rewrite history.'

btw I also added a strikethrough text bbcode:

[s]strikethrough text[/s]

This is insane. Thanks Sméagol.

May I request that the spoiler boxes have "highlight to read" after the word "Spoiler" in brackets, or in a more dulled colour? Until i read your post that said they had to be highlighted, I was trying to click them to read them.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Yeah, I have limited access to a working computer right now but when I have a chance I'll take a look at that.

It seems that adding this spoiler tag feature has removed the notification fix Schlaeps made on the PM system, so I'll look into that.  Bear with us here.

So fu freaking cool

Seriously, it's great to hear that the site is moving forwards now. Good luck with the rest of the site!

Schlaeps still deserves a Thankyou for putting so much of effort into the site, Thanks Schlaeps!

*Claps*

_2014

Spoiler (click to read)

Test