Topic: AIM - Jake's adventure: olol portal

Yeah, I've made a new Jake film. Hope you like it mini/smile.

YouTube

Rick Roll version

EDIT: Oh yeah, this was created for AIM.

Last edited by Filip (January 12, 2009 (01:32pm))

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Re: AIM - Jake's adventure: olol portal

Love it.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Good good. Animation of the portal was excellent, other animation was great too. I think I spotted a few flickers though. Very nice.

-Brain Wave

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

What Loz said very good  but i saw light flickers a little bit

IM BACK

Youtube - Jamsterman1

The lack of set was disturbing. It would have been nice to at least put some blue posterboard there and pretend that it was sky.

An average film. Not really a plot. I guess it just wasn't my style of humor.

2/5

- Leo

I loved how you recreated The Magic Portal in this film. Good job. mini/smile

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Guys, when are you going to learn this?! I've made 4 films about Jake now, and none of them has included sets. Deal with it, OK? I'm not going to use sets. NEVER!

Here is my new one.

I really like the Jake series. The randomness is great. Technically, the animation was good. I like the lack of set and voices but I don't know why. Magic Portal references were perfect, it was funny when you showed your face à la Magic Portal.

Bert !!

Project Secret

Filip wrote:

Guys, when are you going to learn this?! I've made 4 films about Jake now, and none of them has included sets. Deal with it, OK? I'm not going to use sets. NEVER!

This seems a strange thing to say. If you want your films to be good, then the sets are an important part. Also they are fun to build.
But they are your films and you obviously are happy with the way you film them. So that can't be a bad thing. I just don't really understand it that is all.

I guess your decision to not use sets will limit what you can do in your films. What I mean by this is that your characters will have no environment to interact with.

Also when you want to enter a competition, a film with a good set and good animation will always beat a film that just has good animation.

Last edited by Si665 (January 13, 2009 (12:59am))

Yeah, I suppose. But look at some of my other works, such as The Über THAC Idea. I do use sets in most of my films, but I don't use sets in the Jake films.

I suppose you are right about that a film with good sets will beat a film without sets. But then, I'm pretty sure I won't win this contest, but I just thought it needed some more entrys.

Here is my new one.

The important thing is to have fun mini/lol

I'm leiking your animation Filip. Its improving greatly.

-Daragh

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/daragh2me/Avatarsposters/allworkandnoplay2.png

Jag gillade specielt mycke!! (Swedish) (English) I Like´d it speciall much!! mini/lol

Just a noob.

Hehe, I know english. You don't have to translate it mini/wink.

Here is my new one.