Topic: Christ Knows Your Name (A Lego music video)

Directory Link

Christ Knows Your Name (A Lego music video)

YouTube

This is my first music video, it's not perfect, so please just enjoy it for what it is.
(Most of the filming is older stuff, so this isn't my best work.)

The song was, in fact, written by a friend of mine, and she is the one singing it as well. The song is very powerful, and I knew the very first time that I had heard it that it needed to be made into a Lego music video. This video debuted at a movie night at my church, and has just now been released publicly.

So, please enjoy the movie, and also ask yourself this question."Christ knows my name, but how well do I know His?"

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (March 24, 2012 (03:40pm))

Re: Christ Knows Your Name (A Lego music video)

Fantastic. The song has a very powerful message, and nice work on the animation. There were a few times I thought the digital zoom seemed a bit out of place, but other then that great job.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Very nice! I'm a Christian, so I was very touched.

By the way, do you know if you could put it on...iTunes? mini/blankexpression

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Thanks, but may all the glory go to GOD!
He brought this whole thing together, and He blessed the project from the beginning.
He gave me the idea, but unfortunately left the production details in my unskilled hands. mini/tongue
(Which would explain the mis-use of the digital zooming/panning.)

I contacted Ruth E., and if you (Any of you) want the song, e-mail me and I can get it to you for free. mini/smile

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (March 25, 2012 (03:34pm))

Wow, I love it! Being a Christian myself, I felt touched too. mini/smile Tell Ruth good job! And good job yourself! mini/bigsmile

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (March 24, 2012 (07:24pm))

I felt touched as well,being a Chirstian as well!
I saw some flaws in the animation,though.
4.5/5.

-CDP

Great job, Pritchard! I am so glad to see a Biblical brickfilm and one with a great message! I won't bother critiquing any as I'm sure know of any areas that could be improved in, but I just want to say keep on animating for God! It's encouraging to see someone who does. mini/smile Keep up the nice work! I will be looking forward to seeing more from you.

I too enjoyed this, although I would have preferred the singer to use her falsetto vocal register more on the higher notes.  It almost sounded like she was yelling at times (or maybe the microphone wasn't the best quality).  The piano accompaniment was very lovely.

Nice job on your animation, and I agree that we need more films like this.  I especially liked the scene with the stained glass windows.  I'm sure everyone loved it at movie night! mini/smile

Brick7 wrote:

I too enjoyed this, although I would have preferred the singer to use her falsetto vocal register more on the higher notes.  It almost sounded like she was yelling at times (or maybe the microphone wasn't the best quality).  The piano accompaniment was very lovely.

Nice job on your animation, and I agree that we need more films like this.  I especially liked the scene with the stained glass windows.  I'm sure everyone loved it at movie night! mini/smile

Oh yes! I forgot to mention the stained glass windows scene! That was simply great and the lighting was wonderful! Nice job on that! mini/smile

It was good, it really was. I think it's really nice that you managed to express your faith through a brickfilm. It definitely showed the bright side of Christianity mini/wink  nice work Pritchard. Nice work.

I've always wanted to create some funny brickfilm involving Jesus (like the video where Terminator goes back in time to protect Jesus) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOe0jV9l … re=related so I might do something like that in the future.

Last edited by Leo's World (March 25, 2012 (06:49am))

Thanks again, I'm glad that God could use this to touch your hearts!
That's something that I was aiming, and praying, for since I first started production.

Brick7 wrote:

I too enjoyed this, although I would have preferred the singer to use her falsetto vocal register more on the higher notes.  It almost sounded like she was yelling at times (or maybe the microphone wasn't the best quality).

I have no idea what a "Falsetto vocal thingie" is. mini/dizzy
But it very well could have been the mic just not being that great.

Brick7 wrote:

Nice job on your animation, and I agree that we need more films like this.  I especially liked the scene with the stained glass windows.  I'm sure everyone loved it at movie night!

Repelling Spider wrote:

Oh yes! I forgot to mention the stained glass windows scene! That was simply great and the lighting was wonderful! Nice job on that!

Thanks, that was one of my favorite scenes to film, so I'm glad you like it.
And yes, you're right about the movie night, it went great.

LarryStudios wrote:

It was good, it really was. I think it's really nice that you managed to express your faith through a brickfilm. It definitely showed the bright side of Christianity   nice work Pritchard. Nice work.

I've always wanted to create some funny brickfilm involving Jesus....

Yep, too many animaters never mention their faith, and fewer still make videos proclaiming it.

But it you're planning on doing a Biblical film, you may want to consider some things.
You should give Him a lot more respect than the video you showed, after all, it's our Lord and Saviour.
He deserves honor and glory, not redicule and mocking. So if you want to make a "funny" brickfilm about something in the Bible, could you at least not involve Jesus?
He's mocked enough by the world, so let's not start doing it as Christians. mini/wink

Although a film portraying Him as He really is would be welcome, so I'm not saying for you to not make a film showing Him, just be sure to do it in the right manner.

And also, there's a dark side to Christianity? mini/confused

Well the Bible is full of violence, violence is never bright. Besides I don't personally have faith in Church or the Bible, I couldn't care less about Pope. I have faith in God and only him, the Bible was written by mortal people like you and me and they changed a lot of stuff throughout the time to justify their actions. In Europe/Asia there were so many people slaughtered by those who were hiding behind the "Word of God" yeah right like Jesus ever wanted us to kill in the name of God. It's ridiculous.

We are given free will to decide what to believe and what not to believe. I think believing in what's written in Bible is silly. I think the most important thing is faith in God and doing what you think is right, it's important to be generous to people and never hurt them. When I was a kid I went to Church and I was an ordinary Christian who believed in Bible and so on, but with age comes wisdom my friend. I don't know how old you are right now but I'm pretty sure you are under 18.

P.S. I don't think that the funny videos involving Jesus are disgracing him. It's just art/entertainment and let's not take it too serious because I think only really unintelligent people would do that.

P.S.S. I probably drifted away from Church because I was raised as Catholic and you know what the Catholic Priests nowadays are famous for... Child molestation, when I first heard that I realized that all of these people who "serve" God are just ordinary people who are just as rotten as everyone else is. That's what the quote in my signature symbolizes, I only have faith in God and he will never leave me, I don't believe in "them" (everyone else) and I never will.

Last edited by Leo's World (March 26, 2012 (05:51am))

Allright, we're veering off-topic here. Let's keep the posts centered on Pritchard's brickfilm. This isn't the place for religious debate/discussion, so please take it elsewhere if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Sorry! And yes, we're continuing this elsewhere.

Anyway, Ruth E. really loves how much you guys like this.
She couldn't believe the response, and she really appreciates it.
I know the animation could have been better, but there's not much I can do about it now.
Ya'll know I can (and have) done better, so thanks for over looking it this time. mini/smile

Well, I didn't understand all the singing, I'm Italian so I had problems with that, and I don't believe in god, so all I can talk about here are the technical aspects.
The song was good, and the piano accompaniment was lovely, like Brick7 said. I don't know if I agree or disagree with brick7 on the falsetto voice, since I appreciate the effort of doing the high notes with her own voice, but it's also true it looks like she's yelling at times. Still, the singing was good.
On the animation now: as people already said, it's average and you can improve, but I also think there were too many stills (at least, they looked to me like stills), and some movements were rough.
I liked most of the sets. The church, the tree (it had an original design), the place that was in the frame you posted on that other thread. Even if some sets were simple, they served their purpose well anyway.
The cinematography was average too. It had some good moments, like at 2:09, in the church and with the glass windows behind, but most of it was plain, and sometimes had some uninteresting angles. I think the digital movements totally didn't fit, but that might be just me, as I prefer to do manually as much as possible.
Well, everything else was good. Also, may I ask to know the lyrics? I'd like to understand it better.
Overall, it's an enjoyable music video with some good technical aspects, some of which can be improved. 3/5

Last edited by MPfist0 (March 27, 2012 (07:31am))

Yeah guys, I'm not saying you can't worship a God or anything, but let's keep this about brickfilming, m'kay?

Nice animating! It could help if you focused your camera on the subject. Also, are you diffusing your light? It's not a big deal, but it could help if you're able to do it.

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

SpaceGorilla wrote:

Yeah guys, I'm not saying you can't worship a God or anything, but let's keep this about brickfilming, m'kay?

Nice animating! It could help if you focused your camera on the subject. Also, are you diffusing your light? It's not a big deal, but it could help if you're able to do it.

I kind of feel the same way. I do have a religion but I don't like gospel it seems to preachy and stereotypical like "the lord sent Jesus to wash away your sins!" No offense to anyone even though I'm religious too. But the animation was good! mini/smile

Guys it's a film related to religion, it's ignorant not to expect religious discussions. Anyways, me and Pritchard are not talking about it anymore so there's no need to mention this over and over again. It's a nice brickfilm whether you are religious or not. That's it mini/wink

Nice animation!...

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]