Re: BiM 2012: Kitchen Sink [CLOSED]

Briks wrote:

I expected something like last year's contest, TOY.
I had been looking forward to this contest since then, and was really disappointed...

Really? I kinda find the theme of this contest a bit of a pick up compared to last year. I think with this theme there's more slack, and I think that will have more people able to enter.

Troodon wrote:

Would we be allowed to upload ours to YouTube BEFORE October 1st and send it in on October 1st?

The point of the rule is to keep people from having entries publicly viewable before October 1st. In theory, you could probably upload your entire entry as a series of unlisted YouTube videos so nobody sees them, and that would work.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Let me get this straight. Since I'm in the 13+ group, I do NOT have to begin the video with a character fixing something. Does that sound about right?

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

YouTube recently changed its format so if you upload a video and keep it unlisted, it won't show up in any subscription boxes until you make it unlisted, at which point it will appear in subscription boxes. So you won't lose any views by uploading it before the date.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Actually, I changed my mind. I might make an entry, because this contest is giving me some pretty interesting storylines to work with.

Last edited by Tobias (May 6, 2012 (05:04pm))

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

SpaceGorilla wrote:

Let me get this straight. Since I'm in the 13+ group, I do NOT have to begin the video with a character fixing something. Does that sound about right?

Correct.

In the 6-12 year old category, why is it required they must animate something being fixed?

I'm working on getting my studio back up and running, so stay posted...

It's a type of mod element methinks...

I don't think that would have anything to do with the purpose of a mod element, which is usually for short-term contests. I'm not sure what the reason for the rule is, we'll have to see what legogod says. I honestly didn't notice it until people started asking about it.

Anteater wrote:

In the 6-12 year old category, why is it required they must animate something being fixed?

I think it's meant to be more of something to help you get started or something. I don't think it has to be the focus of the story, just a little thing at the beginning.
Anyway, Living Lego and I seem to be coming up with some pretty cool ideas. (If I do say so myself mini/tongue ) But I seriously have no idea to script this. Should we do a separate script for each scenario or something?

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

jstudios wrote:
Anteater wrote:

I think it's meant to be more of something to help you get started or something. I don't think it has to be the focus of the story, just a little thing at the beginning.
Anyway, Living Lego and I seem to be coming up with some pretty cool ideas. (If I do say so myself mini/tongue ) But I seriously have no idea to script this. Should we do a separate script for each scenario or something?

What I was planning to do was kind of make a flow chart, where it would kind of branch off from one scenario to the next.

Also, I think I've got a fairly good idea so far. mini/smile

Well... I still don't want a base idea to start me off because I really just want to use my own idea but whatever. I still like that I get to make another interactive brickfilm.

Maybe it's time for me to actually make the Fight for Paradise Hills...

I, for one, would feel lied to.

fallentomato wrote:

Maybe it's time for me to actually make the Fight for Paradise Hills...

We're all doomed...

Jargon wrote:

Didn't you hear? 2012 is the new 2000-Never

fallentomato wrote:
Jargon wrote:

Didn't you hear? 2012 is the new 2000-Never

Well I'd much rather be 2008 than 2000-and-late, if you know what I'm saying.

Gorilla & Company Films

I haven't animated anything in over 3 months. I am sorry about that, but I have been working on my magnum opus: Ghost Cat: Port of Call New Orleans

youtube  tumblr  sunglasses & scissors

Quick question on licensed themes, is it ok if the licensed characters are not main characters, but instead supporting characters with a very small role?

Personally, I think AnimationIsaac should be a judge. His LOST interactive video was one of the most fantastic interactive brickfilms I've ever seen!

With the inclusion of family help for younger members and your wild imaginations running already I am repealing the "starting help" I gave at the beginning of the contest. It was basically an idea I had that still uses everything (what can't be broken?) and starts you thinking down a different path. If you can't seem to get an idea for your film, think of simple things first and wonder how they will fix themselves. So now both age groups have no special instructions.

There were some questions about the age rules. Here are the breakdowns.

An adult or family member helping a young child with the sole purpose of bringing the child's creation to life is still 6-12.

If you are collaborating with someone outside of your age group please use your discretion when entering the contest.  Most of you are honest and can figure out without my help where your film belongs. If you have trouble amongst yourselves just place your film in the age group of the animator that animated the most for your film.

samuelzz10 wrote:

Quick question on licensed themes, is it ok if the licensed characters are not main characters, but instead supporting characters with a very small role?

No. Even small roles have screen time and licensed themes are not allowed.

Have fun.
Jared