Topic: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer

Directory Link

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer

Youtube!

My latest project. This is the first time ever that I've used 15fps so comments and criticism on the walk cycles etc. would be much appreciated.

Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer

While the animation was good, there was a bit of light flicker, and when making a scene or trailer in Lego, you should try setting an atmosphere. Different lighting techniques are good, a more greenish tint for the outside, and more red inside, you know, just try stuff out. Other than that, it was fantastic. 8/10.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Yeah, I'll definitively have to work on the light flicker. Thanks!

awesome mini/smile

Not the best trailer in lego i have seen, The Best Lego Hobbit trailer i have seen tho, it's good, but you should buy a Very high quality camera and some programs like Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe Photoshop, then you might become one of the best Brickfilmers on Youtube,

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q799/BrickFIlmerHMS/artforBiM_zps51f66287.jpg

High Mountain Studios wrote:

The Best Lego Hobbit trailer i have seen tho, it's good, but you should buy a Very high quality camera and some programs like Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe Photoshop, then you might become one of the best Brickfilmers on Youtube,

Camera quality does not separate the good from the bad. Look at filmyguy. His camera quality used to suck, yet he is considered one of the best filmers out there.

But anyway, it was a fairly decent trailer. You definitely could have done more to try and better recreate the atmosphere of the trailer (Almost all the shots appeared to have taken place in the middle of a very sunny day). As for sets, the quality definitely varies as the film goes on. Some shots are pretty baron, while others more detailed. Animation wasn't anything bad, aside from some light flickering time to time.

Overall, not to shabby.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]