Topic: Fast Hot Plastic

After some underground testing and new software I am ready to produce.

Here is a preview for my new spy film: AGENTS 2: Fast Hot Plastic.

Still shooting and editing. The finished film is out in March

Youtube

Re: Fast Hot Plastic

That looks amazing! I can't wait!

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Hey that's funny: i'm making a Agents Mission 3 mini/bigsmile (with the plane and stuff)

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Dude, where did you get all those buildings? That set looks fantastic! mini/eek

T.G-Tom wrote:

Hey that's funny: i'm making a Agents Mission 3 mini/bigsmile (with the plane and stuff)

LOL First it seems like I ripped you off, now it seems like you ripped me off mini/lol

@Keshen: I'm sure some of them we minifig-scale and one was the cinema from The Town Plan.

Keshen wrote:

Dude, where did you get all those buildings? That set looks fantastic! mini/eek

Funny you should ask,  Most are custom sets from YEARS of collecting CLICK HERE

I was going through a Star Wars stage before hanging up my ...err..addiction to the city sets. So before I disassembled the sets I made a really crappy brickfilm

The film got popular so I added on to the sets then I found you guys (last year) and now I am hooked on practicing animation.

You really can't let a good MOC go to waste.

Last edited by lgorlando (February 15, 2009 (03:04pm))

Not bad, but work on your lighting, to many flickers.

iDroid wrote:

Not bad, but work on your lighting...

I agree. It seemed pretty harsh and sometimes blown out.

-Leo

Leonardo812 wrote:
iDroid wrote:

Not bad, but work on your lighting...

I agree. It seemed pretty harsh and sometimes blown out.

-Leo

Lighting is still a problem for me. It is difficult to light a large stage. I found some tips on this site though so it gets better as I film. Some of the brighter scenes are actually intentional (to simulate daylight). I toned down some of the yellows using Sony Vegas for the edited release and I turned off the anti flicker on my Logitech 9000 (it helped but I already shot 30% of the film with anti flicker on.)

Aaron wrote:
T.G-Tom wrote:

LOL First it seems like I ripped you off, now it seems like you ripped me off mini/lol

@Keshen: I'm sure some of them we minifig-scale and one was the cinema from The Town Plan.

I knew you would react like that, but this is just a set from lego. Everybody can do that

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

The Agents is a pretty basic theme. Like Star Wars or Power Miners. There are litterally hundreds of "Agents" films on youtube. It helps if you can re-name the theme to distinguish...

Great City.

I see you are using Nivarnas track, and you have an iTunes button on your page. Does that mean that you are allowed to use copyrighted music as long as you are promoting it for sale on iTunes.

If this is the case, how did you get permission to do this ?

A lot of us want to use copyrighted music, but don't want the music companies coming after us with big legal sticks.

There are a few tracks that do this and YouTube detects them automatically when you upload your movie.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

They also stick an advert on the video.

Nice sets mini/bigsmile

rsteenoven wrote:

They also stick an advert on the video.

Well that explains a lot.

Si665 wrote:

Great City.

I see you are using Nivarnas track, and you have an iTunes button on your page. Does that mean that you are allowed to use copyrighted music as long as you are promoting it for sale on iTunes.

If this is the case, how did you get permission to do this ?

A lot of us want to use copyrighted music, but don't want the music companies coming after us with big legal sticks.

When I uploaded I got a mailer from Youtube claiming that they suspect a copyright song in my upload. I was freaking out because I don't want my films rejected. They basically pushed the film through. I read that they (The Google Gods actually) employ CDDB Music database that I Tunes uses to detect and name music for Youtube. They definately caught me. But if the company owning the music is partnering with Youtube then you are good to go! Only problem is the ad. I don't get squat, which is just fine by me in exchange for being able to express myself.

The only bad thing is CDDB will detect the music you should not be using. I would do the research before writing a film to your copyrighted score. I already found a score that I know Youtube will reject based on a youtube search for the music.

So, if you do use copywrited music, which i have (and have gotten one of my films rejected), they cant fine you can they? I mean, i'm not selling it, all they can do is reject it right?:/

Olsonstudios wrote:

So, if you do use copywrited music, which i have (and have gotten one of my films rejected), they cant fine you can they? I mean, i'm not selling it, all they can do is reject it right?:/

If they find you, they will put you in jail for copyright infringement (they will crush you, grind you into tiny pieces, and blast you into oblivion! -ob1). Luckily none of use our real name or address on youtube mini/smile
Actually,

No, it's highly unlikely that youtube and the music companies would come after you for something like this since it happens ALL the time.

Last edited by lgorlando (February 16, 2009 (10:07pm))

T.G-Tom wrote:
Aaron wrote:
T.G-Tom wrote:

I knew you would react like that, but this is just a set from lego. Everybody can do that

BUMP/Sorry for late reply *slaps self*

Lost is just a word. Everybody can do that mini/tongue

Looks very good. I did notice some light-flicker, though.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.