Topic: BULB

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3913/bulbk.jpg

This is a thread where I will be posting updates for my upcoming film “BULB” 
I got the idea for BULB about half a year ago, since then I have written a script and have now finally started animating it this week. BULB is going to be a horror movie and it's going to be the best film I’ve done so far in all ways. It should be about ten minutes long (more or less).

Software:
Frame Capture: Dragonframe
Picture editor: Gimp
Audio editor: Audacity
Film editor: Vegas Pro 10.0
Masking: Bafran
And my camera is just a Logitech C920.

I can't give you a release date yet, but sometime in 2013; Possibly Christmas...

Anyway, here's a picture.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7081/7372073908_87ee367b87.jpg
I'll put a casting call up soon so make sure not to miss that out!

Last edited by animationIsaac (July 8, 2013 (08:26am))

Re: BULB

This sound cool, I can't wait to see it.

Thanks. mini/bigsmile

I just would like to know, what is it about?

It's about a fairly normal Guy who stumbles into some very un-normal paranormal activity in an old warehouse building. Then, something bad happens.

animationIsaac wrote:

It's about a fairly normal Guy who stumbles into some very un-normal paranormal activity in an old warehouse building. Then, something bad happens.

Sounds like a very interesting idea! Looking forward to seeing it progress! mini/smile

un-normal paranormal activity

So... normal activity, then?

I kid. Sounds interesting, just be careful that it doesn't take itself too seriously. The best horror uses moments of levity to bring contrast to the rest of the film. Being LEGO, people are going to be prone to giggling anyway, so you'll want to get it out of their system at some point or another.

No, I think he means normal, paranormal activity, which is an oxymoron.
Or maybe just the run-of-the-mill, everyday type of paranormal activity, you know, the type you always run into when you're walking down the street. mini/shifty

Anyway, sounds like it could be a pretty cool story. But when does something good ever happen in an old, abandoned warehouse? I'd suggest trying something more unique, horror is always in the woods, a haunted house, or an old warehouse. (At least all of the little bit of horror that I have seen, so I may be wrong.)

Funny, I first thought the title said "Blob" and was looking around for pictures of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. mini/XD

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (June 14, 2012 (04:15pm))

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Funny, I first thought the title said "Blob"...

Hehe.  I thought it said "Blub" at first.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

I think more people should be making big films which are actually a decent length instead of the usual short skit.
So cheers to to, good sir. mini/smile

Good advice guys! mini/smile Thanks.
This is about the first time I've ever done a big story, so I'm excited!
there are a few funny scenes, a few sad scenes, a few scary scenes and a few happy scenes.
One of the scary scenes will be filmed in complete darkness.

Complete darkness? That's an interesting move! Will be interested to see how that turns out! mini/smile

Sorry for not posting on the thread for a little while, I've had a busy weekend, but now I've just got a bit of free time for animating! mini/bigsmile  So hopefully there will be another preview pic coming soon.

Here's a picture from part of the film which I am about to retake.
retake time!

WOW, that look good.  What camera do you use and software do you use???

All the software and camera info is up at the top of the page.
I've been working on scene three recently but have had some cam trouble so everything is taking little longer then expected, mini/sad  and a little more INFURIATING!!!] aaaah!
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5075/7408417368_55a02e5e48.jpg

I'm still alive!
Here's a picture I just took, the cam quality is bad because of cam problems, I'm working to try to fix it.
Apart from that the films looking good. mini/smile Anyway here's the picture. 
I know, it'sa rubbish
(Something's about to happen to him).
And here's another.
better qual
The quality is better in this picture, but no, nothing's going to happen to the coffee maker.

Does the coffee maker kill the guy?

JK, I just found the thread and I'm looking forward to the film.:)

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Nope. mini/smile Nice guess though.

*Update*
I have been working hard on a scene for the past few weeks, (the scene mostly has walk cycles). mini/blankexpression But I wont to get it out of the way. Anyway, here are a few pictures. mini/smile
 picture 1
This is the set I'm using at the minute, I like it.
Here's a few pictures from the film itself.
image 2

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7279/7610153582_b8dae44ff1.jpg
There's something behind that door...