Topic: Gym Disaster

Directory Link

Gym Disaster

Youtube

A Mafia guy robs a bank or at least he thinks it is...

Last edited by Stephen (July 29, 2012 (11:13am))

Re: Gym Disaster

Hmm, lots of light flicker. It was easy to see the un-bricked part. mini/tongue No offense, but the set was poorly (and a bit lazily) designed. Just a few multi-colored bricks with the word GYM, typed in a weird font, on it isn't very interesting.

IMO, this is a 1.8/5

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I was trying to prevent light flicker but the bricks are new so they are shiny so it reflected. And the set I ran out of blue bricks to use. Sorry you didn't like it.

Dude, do you use a webcam? If not, you should. You might've heard that a lot of people on youtube say that most youtube brickfilmers suck? That's true in a way, because they all use digital still cameras. Not the best for stop motion. Is that what you use?(Digital Still)

GHB Productions wrote:

Dude, do you use a webcam? If not, you should. You might've heard that a lot of people on youtube say that most youtube brickfilmers suck? That's true in a way, because they all use digital still cameras. Not the best for stop motion. Is that what you use?(Digital Still)

So, you think all brickfilmers with digital cameras suck? mini/confused Why would a digital camera make someone suck? If it bumps, just get a tripod or make a rig. Also, I disagree with "they're not best for stop motion." There are some pretty sick non-webcam cameras out there (ie: DSLRs).

GHB, everyone's different. If Stephen and Michael don't use a webcam, that's fine. But, if you're not going to offer positive critique, than just don't post here.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

GHB Productions wrote:

I do use a webcam! A logitech.

LASF wrote:
GHB Productions wrote:

So, you think all brickfilmers with digital cameras suck? mini/confused Why would a digital camera make someone suck? If it bumps, just get a tripod or make a rig. Also, I disagree with "they're not best for stop motion." There are some pretty sick non-webcam cameras out there (ie: DSLRs).

When he says Digital Still cameras, he is probably talking about Point & Shoot Cameras. Cameras that are designed for taking one photo at a time, and as a result usually only have auto focus. While there are some exceptions to this, most Point & Shoots don't allow control over the Focus and White Balance, which are two of the essential features a camera need to be useful in stop motion. Webcams are the camera of choice for many brickfilmers because they are cheap, and offer a wealth of control over settings such as focus, exposure, and lighting.

Now as for the film, I have to agree with Mickey that the set wasn't the best. My advice to you would be that if you do not have enough color brick to make a wall, you can use two colors, but use them smartly. You could have one color per layer (ex: One layer is blue, the next is grey). And in order to further help your sets, I would recommend adding some extra background details. In your case, you might have some extra sets of gym equipment, and possibly some other people exercising in the background.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

thats epic!:)