Topic: [BRAWL 2012] Forbidden from the City

Directory Link

[BRAWL 2012] Forbidden from the City

YouTube
Vimeo

Here's my entry to BRAWL 2012.

I know, there are some errors here and there but I didn't get time to fix some of them.

Anyway, Enjoy!

Last edited by LASF (September 2, 2012 (01:46pm))

Re: [BRAWL 2012] Forbidden from the City

Could somebody leave some feedback? It would be greatly appreciated. mini/smile

There are a couple parts I want to point out: the walk-cycle at the start could've used some arm movement, and the camera pan at 0:19 was a little weird. Also, the framing was a little awkard at some parts. Nice entry though. mini/lol

Last edited by PlainBrickProductions (August 26, 2012 (03:23pm))

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

MrLegoProductions wrote:

There are a couple parts I want to point out: the walk-cycle at the start could've used some arm movement, and the camera pan at 0:19 was a little weird. Also, the framing was a little awkard at some parts. Nice entry though. mini/lol

Thanks for your feedback! mini/smile For the walk-cycle, I've have made a habbit not to sway the minifig's arms. I try to remember to do so but I always forget. I'll try to remember to do that next time. Also, what do you mean by "awkward framing"?

Anything else before this dives into the depths of the release forum?

Just curious, but why did you not use one of my lines (and shorten some of the other people's lines)?

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:

Just curious, but why did you not use one of my lines (and shorten some of the other people's lines)?

On he last day of BRAWL, all the audio in the movie got messed up over night. It either got too soft or completely muted. I needed to re-insert ALL of the lines. Since it was a rush job putting all the audio backin iMovie, some of the audio got a little shorted. As for the lines that were shortened on purpose (such as one of Funmi's lines that resulted in me having to take one of your lines out), it's because I didn't get enough time to finish animating that scene. The week RAWL was happening was a very hectic week for me. School starting at the same time and all.

LASF wrote:

what do you mean by "awkward framing"?

when a character is not completely centered, or when the shot is of the character's back. It's just a little weird. mini/smile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

MrLegoProductions wrote:
LASF wrote:

what do you mean by "awkward framing"?

when a character is not completely centered, or when the shot is of the character's back. It's just a little weird. mini/smile

Oh, okay. Like when Aaron walked in saying hi to Bill. I think I'll film things like that from the side in the future.