Topic: Candy Off the Street

Directory Link

Candy Off the Street

YouTube
Vimeo

Om nom nom.

Last edited by LASF (September 11, 2012 (02:25pm))

Re: Candy Off the Street

Could I please get some feedback one this?

LASF wrote:

I think you mean ON this not one

Stephen wrote:
LASF wrote:

I think you mean ON this not one

Your feedback on my film really helps me improve. Thanks a lot! mini/smile

Feedback: The walking animation is nice. The rest of it sort of feels like it's just strange things happening for no particular reason, though, and there's a pretty big camera bump. Maybe find a way to lock down the camera better or avoid touching it while filming.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Want feedback?

The animation is decent, and I especially enjoyed the part after he ate the candy. With that being said I suppose I didn't really understand what was happening, my best guess would be the candy was poison and he died. If that is the case, I guess it's sort of fun.

But there's not much else to comment on. There's no plot, the animation is nice sure but there's little to it, the framing is a little awkward, and it honestly just sort of seems more like a practice film...which, if it is, that's fine. That's just my two cents.

Improvement? Try creating an original, simple, storyline and work on that. When you frame try to follow the rule of thirds more closely. And just have more of a point I suppose. You've got promise, your animation is fine, the next step now is creating a story. mini/smile

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

OK, the animation was pretty good, but it looked odd when the guys arms didn't move at all as he was falling.
At 0:09 the edge of the set is visible, and the switch from that angle to the 0:10 angle was too small for a total switch, but too large to be excused as a camera bump. You should have gone to a close-up on his face from the side, (Or at least something totally different) while he was eating, then to the 0:11 angle for the ensuing chaos.

Sound-wise, the music faded out by 0:10 and was never heard from again. (Except a strange half-way reemergence at 0:12) Then there was the "Nomnomnom" sound, four tics, a strange something and then the thump. The sounds felt out-of-place thanks to the total lack thereof, then the sole use thereof. So you may want to try a better balance next time.

BUT, this video was a HUGE improvement over your last one, so you're getting much better. Keep it up!

EDIT: Wow, I type slowly. I started before anyone had posted, and ended after two others beat me too it. mini/lol

Thanks for all your feedback!

Sméagol wrote:

Feedback: The walking animation is nice. The rest of it sort of feels like it's just strange things happening for no particular reason, though, and there's a pretty big camera bump. Maybe find a way to lock down the camera better or avoid touching it while filming.

I think I know what you mean. That was supposed to be a camera pan to have him in the center. mini/confused I guess I should my pans.