Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

So what exactly will this theoretical program do that currently available, free programs don't?

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Original thread creator wanted everything from photo editing to video editing, but that would take awhile. How it would compare? as I said.

is it profitable not in money but will it be useful compared to whats out there already.

I don't know but I would want to do it as a software developer for fun and build something basic.

Last edited by cwstudios (January 10, 2013 (12:43am))

That's awesome! Think you could put a feature that captures pictures in there? I couldn't have accomplished that.

BISCUIT!
My website is in construction!

This is a beautiful idea, but usually brickfilmers hardly find time to brickfilm, not to mention work on a software mini/smile

@thekingofbricks Thanks I kinda added it, can't seem to figure out how to apply different names to each picture. Right now I am working on a settings feature though.

@LarryStudios Yeah I have a couple projects I'm working on right now and it can get kinda hard working on a brickfilm and software. But I get credit in school for both so it's worth it.

two cents from a fellow brickfilmer: this shouldn't be your first software-related forum. I know you had good intentions, BUT some brickfilmers might not give you exactly the answers you want, unless you ask the question correctly.

I think you should ask "what do you like most about the animation program(s) you use," and then after getting a uniform decision on onionskin, loading times, and camera compatibility, have a list of needs and wants you can present to a programer/developer.

That'd be better then getting wined at by some, and picking through long paragraphs for tidbits of information.

...We DON'T Want Windows Movie Maker, but we'd like it's (oh so deceitful) easy-to-use looks...

Last edited by Dyland (January 10, 2013 (04:31pm))

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

TheDylandProductions wrote:

this shouldn't be your first software-related forum.

What do you mean? Do you mean first piece of software to develop, first place to look for information on the subject? I don't know.

TheDylandProductions wrote:

have a list of needs and wants you can present to a programer/developer.

Other people can go to a programmer if that actually want something for there own use and to release, but being a programmer myself I just want to see what I can come up with as a challenge. I have no real intention of trying to replace whats out there I mean if I do something that could replace whats out there then I will totally release it.

I am working on the design I made a while ago I will post a link to flickr in a few days.

BISCUIT!

Cool, good luck. What language are you programming in?

I use java but what I meant by plan is a Photoshopped blueprint.

BISCUIT!

I'm not skilled at photoshop(gimp for me) so I use a whiteboard generally.

cwstudios wrote:

Pretty small script in python and I had something put together, I think it could work just is it profitable not in money but will it be useful compared to whats out there already.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8072/8366809088_ecdb583882.jpg
Proof of concept by cwstudios, on Flickr

though I did this in python I would recommend a different language like java cause it's an oo-programming language Which will be better with algorithms and stuff. If we did this I'd be in.

Well, then, lets start this thread backup!:D

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92248247@N02/8385399446/
I probably won't be able to contribute much with how much java I know.

BISCUIT!

thekingofbricks wrote:

Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92248247@N02/8385399446/
I probably won't be able to contribute much with how much java I know.

Looks nice, just keep with it even if you don't create the best program out there you'll still learn something new that will be helpful with future projects.

This is an interesting thread because I am working on a stop motion program. I am still in the design stage so I like hearing what people want. GUI programs like this take a long time to develop and I am busy with other things so you probably won't see it for a while but I am glad to see people are interested.

I like that some people are interested. But what I should of asked, is, what do people want to see in a stopmotion software?

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Smooth interface, capable of providing onion-skinning etc., multi-platform (Windows, OS X and even Linux). Not that you need to bother adding it, but Retina optimisation is a bonus. mini/wink

Carousel wrote:

Smooth interface, capable of providing onion-skinning etc., multi-platform (Windows, OS X and even Linux). Not that you need to bother adding it, but Retina optimisation is a bonus. mini/wink

Also to note myself:

Support for webcams and an import option for digital cam users.
A mouth syncing option.
An in built video and image editor.

Of course, we're at the brainstorming stage.

My life goes by 24fps.

Ability to instantly playback the footage.
And it doesn't need a built-in video editor, but a built-in photo editor would help with masking.

writing these down for my program. I don't think a video editor is needed either but something more like WMM(not horribly though) where you can do batch editing on photos and things that brickfilmers need like masking. The ability to add sound effects is something I would want to add also.