Topic: IRON MAN PSA

Directory Link

IRON MAN PSA

YouTube

IRON MAN teaches children about train safety

Last edited by DigitalWizardsStudio (February 5, 2013 (03:25pm))

Re: IRON MAN PSA

Wow, it's a shame nobody has commented on this yet because you did an amazing job! My one criticism is that the train running over the cyclist could have been a bit more dramatic or funnier at least. But this is truly amazing.

Spoiler (click to read)

i love the way he says "don't be a chicken"

Thanks for the compliments!  Most of our films have taken us anywhere from 3 weeks to 4 months so we wanted to do something simple with this one.  1 day shoot and 3 days of editing and FX.  My good friend Ray has a huge train setup in his garage so it made the perfect set.  We have some Walking Dead shorts coming out soon with some variations of the city.

I saw this like 3-4 days ago. It was well animated and the sets were impressive also it had a good message to the audience. Good job guys!

Wow, that was pretty good! mini/bigsmile Great face animation, too! The end made me laugh. Nice job!

Thanks guys!  mini/smile  I've seen both of your work, very nice videos.  I really liked the Iron Man 3 parody.

We've always pushed the FX side but lately we've been trying to develop smoother animation.

Well, I Liked it. Alot.

I liked the video! You've improved a lot, I can tell. The only thing that bothered me was the shot at 0:02; there was dialogue, but no mouth movement. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Thanks guys!   We've done so many larger scale projects with huge sets and tonnes of minifigs and graphics and compositing in them, but we haven't really tried to focus on just a small group of characters with realistic movements.  We're all FX guys learning how to hone our stop motion skills. 

I've picked up alot of tips from what people have posted and it's always great to learn about the different techniques different animators use. 

I would be thrilled to meetup with some other animators living out in California- anyone can email me if interested.

@Mickey -I'm busted!  I told Brent no one would see the mouths move in a wide shot.  Now I owe him a coke.  mini/lol

That opening shot was AMAZING, would have taken a fair bit of time. Nice overall, however would have been better with a faster train I think.

@Ffrangconator- I completely agree with you, we prolly could have moved it 2x or 3x quicker.

The set is amazing, obviously, something on that scale is rare; and you did a good job lighting it, which is usually the problem with huge sets. The joke at the end with the rainbow was funny, but the rest of it was a bit obvious and I think it could have used a bit more creativity (although this could be just because I'm sick). The animation itself could use some work, the lack of frames was a little distracting. I think more frames per movement are in order. The facial animations were nice, they matched the actual faces well and didn't look to edited on. Overall it was pretty well done, but I encourage you to work on your actual animation. mini/smile

Very nice and love the set and the train. 5 of 5 from me guys.

@ backyardlegos   Large sets are our specialty!  We had an 7f.5 ftt Orthanc in the LOTR movie.  Our Helm's Deep set was almost 4 ft across.  I'm fortunate that my local LUG has a great group of builders and that we can all contribute sets and MOCs to make huge scenes.

As for the lights we use 2x 1 k ARRI lights on dimmer switches.  One of them has a soft box on it.  Gives it a nice soft bright, colorful, cartoony feel.