Topic: A New Series Idea

Hi guys,
It's StormofCake, back from yet another 3 month break from brickfilming.
I just wanted to gain some feedback on my idea for a short series that I might create involving a mix of live action and stop-motion footage. It would be based on my last video: Invasion of the Giant Lego Man
(Think of that video as a sort of teaser)
Basically it would be a series of shorts about surviving this "invasion", with a bunch of different locations and events, centering around a single character or group of characters. The Lego VFX will be done with stop motion, as is done in the aforementioned video.
So what do you think? It won't be released anytime soon and the production time would be a few months, depending on how busy I am. Not expecting this post to get many replies, but hey, why not try?
Thanks guys,
StormofCake

Re: A New Series Idea

Storm, my advice would be to do several shorter productions before launching into something huge right out of a dark-age. (To borrow an AFOL term.) That way you will actually have something to share sooner, and if for some reason you sink back into the darkness, you'll have a little something for others to see.

That also helps to get you back into brickfilming, without a larger obligation to fulfill. And you'll be able to experience more of the fun, and less of the pressure, of the hobby.

Now, assuming that you stay with us, that could be a really cool idea, but you'll have to polish the integration a lot, and pick one or the other of the elements to concentrate on, as keeping a balance would be very difficult.

I feel like the premise could be worked into something really cool, but right now you only have one aspect of it. Really, wanting to use a certain effect should not be your sole motivation to write and direct a series, but if you can come up with a solid story showcasing this effect in a tasteful way then go ahead. But it shouldn't just be random people getting beat up and stuff, you should come up with characters and stuff.

@Pritchard Studios
Yes, I wasn't planning on beginning the production straight away, thanks for the response mini/smile
@topitmunkeydog
I wasn't going to use the effect as the motivation for this production, more the concept of the invasion would be.

One more thing, I watched my last video (Invasion of the Giant Lego Man) and thought that something was missing in order to make the figure fit in more to the environment. What do you think of using post-production motion blur to emulate slower shutter speeds on the footage with the figure? Would it work and would it be a good idea?