Re: 2012 Brickfilmer's Guild Animation Festival

Whoops, I almost forgot about this mini/eek
I'll be submitting my film, The Shrouded Past, around the 8th of December.   It's nearly 13 minutes long!

There are ten days left to enter your best brickfilms of 2012 in the Brickfilmer's Guild Animation Festival.  You can enter three brickfilms.  We now have several sponsors for the prizes going to the winners.  Brick Warriors along with a couple of well known brickfilmers have offered prizes.   Enter your brickfilms here :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDJgRbYLUdM .

Entry period for BFG Animation Festival is now over.  The judging process has started.  We will post the link for BFG members to vote for "Member's Choice" when the nominations have been picked.   There were over 250 entries.  Good luck to all that entered.

Wow! 250 entries!  Good luck judging all those! mini/bigsmile

bionicle28 wrote:

Wow! 250 entries!  Good luck judging all those! mini/bigsmile

Thanks, we're going to need it!! mini/bigsmile

~MM @(◠‿◠)@

OK. First phase of judging is complete.  Any Brickfilmer's Guild Members can vote for their favorite brickfilm of the festival http://brickfilmersguild.com/elgg/pg/po … ry-20-2013. Voting will close on February 20, 2013. 

Below is the list of 9 Nominees for Best Brickfilm:
Bionicle28 - The Call of Farqunglu
ZachMG - Mad Minifigs: The Dish Situation
kd2apoof - LEGO Indiana Jones and the Mystical Gemstone
digitalwizardz - LEGO Lord of the Rings: Two Towers in Two Minutes
namchild - The Duel (LEGO)
ZachFBStudios - LEGO Star Wars - Fox of the 501st
pe668 - LEGO Avengers
FranceetAlex - Bestia - Trailer
SuburbAnimStudios - The Machine

250 Brickfilmers or Entries? Either way, you guys are getting it hard to judge... Good luck!

Btw could you PLEASE allow more non-populars/partners to be able to be a nominee. It really ticks me off that the majorities are generally partners and such.
Have a good day!
@(^_^)@@(^_^)@@(^_^)@@(^_^)@
(I can't believe I even remember @(^_^)@ mini/XD)

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Well to be fair the nominees are undoubtedly worth attention and nominations.  I don't think that popularity has much to do with this, pal. Look at Kd2apoof... his previous brickfilm (among my favorite ones to be fair) was 5 years ago. Look at SuburbAnimStudios he should have like 10K subscribers at least yet he's just over 600. There are plenty of animators  out there who are far from popular yet are very skilled and they managed to produce some great brickfilms in 2012. Show me at least one good brickfilm that was ignored mini/smile

@LarryStudios, very well said, thank you!! mini/bigsmile

@Nasrsarian, we never look at a person's channel when watching the entries so we have no idea who is partnered or not. Either way it really makes no difference to us because in our contests we are strictly looking for the best entry in each category. That is the only thing that is fair in our opinion.
You are more than welcome to host your own contest and run it however you like, but with the contests that we host it will always be done in a way that we feel is fair.

Oh no....double post:( Sorry.

Anyway...here is a link to the list of nominees for the BFG Animation Festival and other info about the BFG Animation Festival Awards Show.

http://brickfilmersguild.com/elgg/pg/bl … n-festival

Allrighty mini/bigsmile
@(^_^)@ jeez I miss the brickfilming community... I haven't been on for a while.

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOAPvMD0HyA

Awards Show for 2012 Brickfilmer's Guild Animation Festival.

Last edited by thefourmonkeys (May 26, 2013 (09:13am))

Great job with your Awards Show video, thefourmonkeys! mini/bigsmile
This was a great contest. We think your judgement was really fair, and we would have voted for almost the same brickfilms as you did.
We are also really honored of  having been nominated and having won two honorable mention categories. Thanks a lot!

France & Alex wrote:

Great job with your Awards Show video, thefourmonkeys! mini/bigsmile
This was a great contest. We think your judgement was really fair, and we would have voted for almost the same brickfilms as you did.
We are also really honored of  having been nominated and having won two honorable mention categories. Thanks a lot!

Thank you so much for your kind words, we really appreciate it!!  mini/bigsmile
We are huge fans of your work, so your nominations and honorable mention category wins were well deserved.
Our decisions were very hard, but we tried to spread the wealth as much as possible as they were all equally deserving of a win.

Thanks again and congratulations on a job well done!! mini/bigsmile