Topic: BRAWL 2013

BRAWL has begun!
http://oi42.tinypic.com/20tnjo5.jpg
BRAWL logos made by RealBrick.

Starting at 12:00 am GMT on July 28, 2013 (Greenwich Mean Time), you will have exactly one week to script, animate, edit, and upload a film. Any entries not received by the end of the week will be disqualified.
A thread titled "BRAWL 2013 Starts NOW!" will be posted in the General Film Discussion forum. The thread will contain the theme, mod elements, submission information, and a detailed summary of the judging process.

To prevent entrants from creating their films ahead of time, a contest theme, that entries must include, will be announced when the contest begins. In addition to the theme there will be two "mod" elements. The mod elements are visual elements that must be included in every shot of your film to ensure that nothing is animated before the beginning of the one week time period; they are different for every BRAWL and will be announced at the start time.  There will be two kinds of "mod" elements, and entrants only need to ensure that one of the two elements is present in every shot of footage for their film.  The two elements may be used interchangeably throughout the film, and must be physically included in the set, not added in post-production.

• The first element will be a letter of the alphabet or a numeral.  This symbol will not need to be used as letter or numeral in the context of the film, though it can be; a clear effort to include something in the shape of the letter or number will suffice.
• The second element will be two LEGO (or other plastic brick) components of two given colors connected to each other, whether by locking into each other by the studs of the brick, or as pieces in a minifigure or technic construction. Baseplates and floor pieces will not be allowed to count.

Rules & Requirements
• There must be at least 30 seconds of animation in the entry.  There is no maximum length.
• The film should contain LEGO or similar 'brick' construction toys, such as MEGA Bloks.
• Joint entries are allowed, but please specify this when submitting.
• You may make up the three entries.
• Entries may not contain adult language, graphic violence (blood and/or gore) or sexual themes.
• Entries may NOT be made public before the deadline of the competition.

While copyrighted/trademarked properties are allowed, you are discouraged from basing your movie off of pre-existing film or franchises (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.). It's not original, and will hurt your chances in the judging process. Copying other brickfilms will also hurt you in the judging process.

Copyrighted music may be used, but if you don't want to do so, you are permitted to create original music beforehand; music does not have to be created within the one week time limit. Royalty free music is also allowed.

Submission

A link to your entry must be sent to an email address that will be released in the “BRAWL 2013 Starts NOW!” thread. Entries must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo. Details on this will be in the “BRAWL 2013 Starts NOW! Thread.

Judging   
Our judges for BRAWL 2013 are, Just Kidden, Squash, and Hazzat. What you’ll be judged on will be released in the “BRAWL 2013 Starts NOW!” thread.

Prize
The first place winner will get a LEGO set of their choice on amazon.com with a price up to $12.99.

Other
Join us on skype! There is a skype group for BRAWL that you can join! It’s a great way to brainstorm, show progress of your film, and more. Just add me on Skype and I’ll add you to the group; My username is funtastic-films. Only 2 more people can join!

Help spread the news of BRAWL 2013! Make this image your signature.
http://oi42.tinypic.com/30rwcg6.jpg

Last edited by Fun Sucker (July 27, 2013 (04:14pm))

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Re: BRAWL 2013

Yesssss!!! mini/delirium

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

That's a perfect judging panel.

I just think it's a little bit sad that this overlaps with Contrast, but oh well.

I really, really, really hope that my studio is done in time for this.  I really want to enter BRAWL.
We shall see.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have guessed this was the surprise. mini/tongue

Sweet, I hope I'll be able to enter.

I am getting home the day this starts seriously considering doing this.

Ahhh yeah!!!

Youtube

I'd like to be able to enter this, though it's unlikely. I think I'm out of town during this week.
We'll see...

Can't wait to see the entries, I really wanted to enter but I'll be gone all week the week of the contest.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Yes!!! I think I can participate! One question, entries can be submitted at any time of the week right?

GHB wrote:

Yes!!! I think I can participate! One question, entries can be submitted at any time of the week right?

Yes, entries can be received at any point during the competition.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Oh, man, right in the middle of Contrast. Gotta pick one, so Contrast it is. mini/sad

I was hoping this would be a bit later in the year, but good luck to anybody else who wants to enter.
I should be able to help voice, and maybe brainstorm a bit, but that's it.

Excitement.

~Hal

JonnDthunDer wrote:

I'd like to be able to enter this, though it's unlikely. I think I'm out of town during this week.
We'll see...

Even if you're in town, I don't think you should deviate from your contrast film.

This is awesome. I love BRAWL.

I'll try to see if we can enter. We also want to enter Contrast, so we'll see if my laptop can handle two movies at once mini/sweat

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

I created the logo that was going to be used, but a judge didn't like it. mini/sad I'm sad.

uh oh!

Squid wrote:
JonnDthunDer wrote:

We'll see...

Even if you're in town, I don't think you should deviate from your contrast film.

That was my main worry.  I might be out of town during the weekend BRAWL starts anyway.

But yeah, you're right.  I'd better concentrate on Contrast, I've got my work cut out for me.

I reeaally want toooo......

But I don't know if I will be in town or on vacation...

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Definitely entering as this is my first BRAWL

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS! mini/delirium I need something to get back into animating.

Making this my first brawl contest.

This will be my 3rd! mini/delirium