Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

That's fine, it's more on me than anyone else besides maybe CWStudios because I can simply "export" the code.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

Hey, I've been doing a lot with family lately and my granddad still been in and out of the hospital. Haven't done much other then improving a bit on what we have.

That's quite alright. I understand how that is so take your time mini/smile

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

This thread has been inactive for a while.

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Does anyone have a working version of biscuit on Mac?
I downloaded biscuit-mac from github and tried to run it with netbeans, but it seems that it isn't working properly.
There were some errors in the controller class if I remember correctly. When is this problem going to be fixed? mini/confused

The Mac version of the program builds fine, but when you try to run it, there is some kind of internal error. I don't remember exactly what it is though.

Okay, Oracle recently released a new update for java that resolves our previous issue of a fatal error in the compiler, but now it is throwing this error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.netbeans.modules.glassfish.javaee.Hk2LibraryProvider

So, to make a terse explanation even more vague, no, the mac version is prgressing slowly but with no running versions yet, all due to Java errors.

I am unable to give any deadlines and have been searching for solutions to bypass the bug, but I doubt that I'll find one. Also, I have no idea how to update GitHub and whatnot, so that is completely the wrong, outdated version mini/smile

Last edited by Caveman Incorporated (June 25, 2013 (10:33pm))

So, exactly what stage of the project are you guys at?

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Eventually I'll be switching to ubuntu so I can probably help with a linux version.
EDIT: Also can you change my name on page 1?

BISCUIT!
My website is in construction!

Caveman Incorporated wrote:

Okay, Oracle recently released a new update for java that resolves our previous issue of a fatal error in the compiler, but now it is throwing this error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.netbeans.modules.glassfish.javaee.Hk2LibraryProvider

So, to make a terse explanation even more vague, no, the mac version is prgressing slowly but with no running versions yet, all due to Java errors.

I am unable to give any deadlines and have been searching for solutions to bypass the bug, but I doubt that I'll find one. Also, I have no idea how to update GitHub and whatnot, so that is completely the wrong, outdated version mini/smile

I am still getting the fatal error, but I'm not sure if I'm  using the correct version of Java. I checked my Java preferences and it says I have Java 7 update 25.

Here ya go. Don't expect any better results because whil the classes have successfully initialized, the fatal Java error still remains.

Any updates? Things have been rather quiet here lately...

BISCUIT!

This is awesome if it works.I have all ways wanted to make a stop motion program that is made for lego's. I Think it should work with every camera possible even live view digital ones.

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

rafael9522 wrote:

This is awesome if it works.I have all ways wanted to make a stop motion program that is made for lego's. I Think it should work with every camera possible even live view digital ones.

Easier said than done.

BISCUIT!

I wish to help now. I believe with my improved programming skills I can at least do something. Also, it's been pretty quiet around here...

BISCUIT!

Hey guys! Team manager here!
I was just coming here to post and say thanks for all the contributors to the project!

I came to tell the team and followers on the project that I'm temporarily going to step away from the project. mini/sad

A lot of things are happening in life (good things of course) nevertheless, I can't give my aid to the project.

I'm not quitting or going to be gone forever, mind you. mini/tongue Lets just say I'm on holiday...
Also, I've taken to learning programming seriously as so I can be a helping hand instead of sitting back and watching my other mates do the work. mini/eek

So, will CwStudios take command of this "train" while I'm gone from the project? I'll return asap.

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

I have an idea. When you guys finish the whole program, you could submit it under Software on STEAM Greenlight.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/editgame/?appid=765

IDK

Just a suggestion, but if you want more people to contribute to the coding, you should make it more obvious to visitors where the code or latest versions are hosted. That way any new visitors can download the code and have a look.

For example, all members could have a direct link in their signature such as "Link to latest version of biscuit" etc. Most links just take you to other forum pages which is really confusing.

Free Animation Software at www.HeliumFrog.com

Well, as it now stands, our programmers here are MIA, and I haven't heard anything from anyone lately.

BISCUIT!

Seems a bit dead, Unfortunately I am a limited python programmer not java. But it might do you all some good to open source this thing and go on programming threads and asking for some help (A lot of people have plenty of skill and time to give for no cost)

Not saying none of you aren't qualified but more programmers working on it, with different OS's and cameras etc, the faster and better these releases.