Re: BRAWL 2013 Has Ended!

Fun Sucker wrote:
twickabrick wrote:
Fun Sucker wrote:

Each time you move the camera it’s a new shot. As long as the mod element is visible in the shot for at least enough time to be seen before the camera moves your project will not be disqualified.

So, what if the shot itself is moving? For example, pans or tracking shots.

In that case, I would try and to have the mod element in every frame. For example, if the pan moves away from the mod element and it goes out of frame, have another mod element waiting to be in frame.

Can the mod element be moving? I my case it actually rolls off-screen in one shot...Will I have to re-shoot the shot?

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

PushOverProductions wrote:
Fun Sucker wrote:
twickabrick wrote:

So, what if the shot itself is moving? For example, pans or tracking shots.

In that case, I would try and to have the mod element in every frame. For example, if the pan moves away from the mod element and it goes out of frame, have another mod element waiting to be in frame.

Can the mod element be moving? I my case it actually rolls off-screen in one shot...Will I have to re-shoot the shot?

Yes, the mod element can move with the pan.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

so if we have camera movement (like a pan) the mod element can move to out of the shot?

Or if I have a zoom, can the mod element be in the shot but when I zoom in on the minifigure it is not since the camera "moved"?

Bleh, my last post was poorly worded and in no way helpful, sorry about that.

I would prefer if you had the mod element in every frame of the pan. However, if the mod element is clearly in the pan at some point, you won't be disqualified.

So Pushover, no you do not have to re-film that scene.
Cool Cube, yes the mod element can be out of the shot for just a moment in the same scene.

Youtube   Twitter

If we're doing credits with the actor's physical character, does a mod element have to be in it? It's not animation, just a single frame with text.

LEGOs, Soccer, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and other completely irrelevant things.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8104309919_8e4b6257b7.jpg
YouTube Flickr

Credits/titles don't need the mod element. mini/wink
Now, if you had the titles over say, a slideshow of the sets, then yes, you'd need the mod element.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Credits/titles don't need the mod element. mini/wink
Now, if you had the titles over say, a slideshow of the sets, then yes, you'd need the mod element.

K, thanks man.

LEGOs, Soccer, Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and other completely irrelevant things.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8104309919_8e4b6257b7.jpg
YouTube Flickr

bonus points to anyone who can somehow fit a line from a sammyclassicsonicfan video in their entry

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Just Kidden wrote:

bonus points to anyone who can somehow fit a line from a sammyclassicsonicfan video in their entry

Seriously?

FRICK: The Movie.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

funmiproductions wrote:
Just Kidden wrote:

Seriously?

No, he's Just Kidden.

But really, he's joking.

Youtube   Twitter

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag30/mightywanderer/BRAWL2013Phone-2_Frame_000001_zps82def5ad.png

Fun Sucker, would this count as having the mod element in it? In the top right corner, that is a LEGO mug on top of a grey stud.

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

(Image)

Fun Sucker, would this count as having the mod element in it? In the top right corner, that is a LEGO mug on top of a grey stud.

You're a bit out of focus there buddy. I can just barely see the mod element, so that does count.
For future reference, I would recommend making the mod element a little easier to see.

Youtube   Twitter

It's supposed to be blurry. I have a couple other shots that need to be blurry, will they count as long as you can see the blur of red and grey? If not, I may have to pull out of the contest, seeing as the blurry shots are critical to the film.

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

It's supposed to be blurry. I have a couple other shots that need to be blurry, will they count as long as you can see the blur of red and grey? If not, I may have to pull out of the contest, seeing as the blurry shots are critical to the film.

Just make sure you have the mod elements in there and you'll be fine.

Youtube   Twitter

Great, thanks.

Couple questions Fun Sucker,

Can the mod element be a red brick attached to the ground (a big, gray baseplate)?

AND

Can the mod element be a red brick attached to a dark grey brick, or does it have to be light grey?

Can the mod element be a red brick attached to the ground (a big, gray baseplate)?

AND

Can the mod element be a red brick attached to a dark grey brick, or does it have to be light grey?

A red brick connected to a grey the baseplate does NOT count.

The Rules wrote:

[dark/light red is acceptable as a variant for red, same goes for grey].

Youtube   Twitter

Fun Sucker wrote:

AND

A red brick connected to a grey the baseplate does NOT count.

The Rules wrote:

[dark/light red is acceptable as a variant for red, same goes for grey].

Ok, thank you....

And sorry I missed the answer to the second question in the description. mini/tongue