Topic: Helium Frog Error 01.01

I've been trying to use Helium Frog 2.06 on a windows 8 machine with a Logitech c920 and after downloading a clean copy to my computer I receive error 01.01 'source set up problem'  straight after the splash screen.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and software for the webcam and re-downloading Helium Frog with no success. The webcam is working fine with other software such as Monkeyjam, qStopmotion and the included Logitech Webcam Software.

I think the Helium Frog FAQ is talking about this problem when it says this:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2Kqsg59mCv0/UizFLxv1b3I/AAAAAAAAAnA/QhdxDwJvTIA/w693-h173-no/heliumfrogerrorsept2013.png

Although since I have never successfully made it past the Helium Frog splash screen and captured anything on this computer the file 'CaptureFormatData.mt file' doesn't exist.

I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions to what I should do to get the best free frame capturing program working again!!! mini/eek

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Re: Helium Frog Error 01.01

Have you checked to see if your webcam has any drivers online that you could download and install?

Nathan Wells wrote:

Have you checked to see if your webcam has any drivers online that you could download and install?

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately I've also tried this already without success mini/sad

Boats Animator

Well, to be honest, HF is getting pretty old. It was made in VB 6. VB 6 is getting quite old, though I think Microsoft has said it will support it through Windows 8.
I guess I don't really know what is wrong. I would definitely say it probably has something to do with trying to connect to your camera I guess. Do you have any other webcam to try it with?

AnW wrote:

Well, to be honest, HF is getting pretty old. It was made in VB 6. VB 6 is getting quite old, though I think Microsoft has said it will support it through Windows 8.
I guess I don't really know what is wrong. I would definitely say it probably has something to do with trying to connect to your camera I guess. Do you have any other webcam to try it with?

No I'm afraid I don't have another webcam to hand. mini/sad

Has anyone managed to use Helium frog 2.06 on Windows 8 with success? If so, with what camera?

EDIT APRIL 2014: I am very to say that over 6 months later I have finally found a solution to this error message. Instructions can be found in my post in the topic here.

Last edited by BoatsAreRockable (April 6, 2014 (01:42pm))

Boats Animator