Topic: Benny n' Lee in: Wealth and Weirdo

Directory Link

Benny n' Lee in: Wealth and Weirdo

Part 1
Part 2

Long ago, I used to frequent this forum and make these videos. Here is a new one.

Re: Benny n' Lee in: Wealth and Weirdo

HOLY CRAP, YOU'RE BACK.

Just watched it. You haven't lost your touch, but it feels weird to hear a mature voice coming out of Lee's mouth. I loved it, especially the hand-drawn animated sequence. I'm glad you found out how to fix your camera--or did you just save up enough money to buy a new one? Good to have you back, SmallTime. mini/bigsmile mini/wink

Last edited by Mickey (October 27, 2013 (02:13pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

The camera is a new one (same model as the old crappy one) borrowed indefinitely (stolen) from another ex-brickfilmer, JustaMinifig. I know Lee's voice is very different but it's unavoidable; I'd love if I could dub over the old episodes. I'm happy to hear you liked the hand-drawn sequence as it is the first time I have ever experimented with that style, though it is meant to look basic and silly.

I remember this series! It's what inspired me to create my own series, Bricks (Ep. 1 hasn't been finished yet; over three years in the making).

As usual, the story is very funny and entertaining, but technical quality is lacking a bit. I noticed the same problems that were apparent in my first episode of Bricks: somewhat choppy animation and overexposure. I have since corrected those problems, and so can you with some practice. I would suggest animating at 15 fps (all the episodes appear to be at 12 fps, like Bricks Ep. 1), practice easing in and out more (this has a greater effect the higher the fps is), and adjust your camera settings and lighting to make the picture less bright.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Great to see you back, brings me back to the days when brickfilms were amazing works of magic on the internet only achievable for mysterious folk with special skills. mini/tongue Anyway, good job, I love seeing the charming old brickfilm style come back occasionally, it just seems fitting with the LEGO medium for animation. mini/smile

I actually animate at 16 fps. I guess I just really suck. mini/tongue

The slow movements are smooth but you just need to ease in and ease out the fast movements.

sillypenta wrote:

I actually animate at 16 fps. I guess I just really suck. mini/tongue

Oh. Well, in that case, take more frames and work on easing.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.