Topic: Indus

Directory Link

Indus

YouTube
Brick à Brack

An industrial robot escapes from his repetitive job.
An entry to the 2013 GO-Film contest.
http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/topic/17597/gofilm-2013/

Re: Indus

Wow! That opening tracking shot was incredible!
How did you do that?

Coming soon: "Dark Eidolon"
One-third of ShiftyPotatoes

Great job with the lighting, animation and story, Aiwha! mini/bigsmile
And congrats for winning 1st place in the GO FILM 2013 contest, you really deserve it! mini/wink

Simple but engaging story, beautifully executed. What more do you want!?

I really enjoyed this; it was technically very good, both in animation and in set design, and the story was interesting and engaging. Impressive job, very nice. mini/smile

Jeese louise that opening shot was phenomenal. Absolutely brilliant!

Wow! Absolutely amazing! You deserved to win!
mini/love

One word sums this up BRAVO!!!!!!!

Thanks all !

Halfbrick wrote:

Wow! That opening tracking shot was incredible!
How did you do that?

I'll post behind-the-scenes photos for that shot soon. mini/wink

Excellent!

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

This is really cool, you definitely deserved to win. Congratulations! mini/bigsmile

We need more animators like this! Right now, hate to break it to you guys, our standards are just below the bar.

scratch that, there is no bar.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

That was pretty cool! I haven't watched this before, but this really is worthy of first place! Great job, Aiwha!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

That was extremely well done.  It's always great to see a fellow animator use a higher framerate like 25fps.  It takes so much patience, but if done right, It really adds a new layer of depth to the animation.

The opening shot was probably my favorite.  Despite some uneven speed here and there, you really pulled off an impressive shot.  I'd love to see the rig you used, as I enjoy animating tracking shots for my films as well.
I also liked the fact that the script has no dialogue.  I have always preferred films with minimal dialogue because when a Lego character "opens his mouth",  in many cases I think it takes the film down a notch because of the lack of professional audio equipment/software and experienced actors, so It's always refreshing for me to see a great film that communicates without using words.

Everything else has great production value too, the lighting, the sets, and the music.  The sound design was rather simple, but effective.

Overall an excellent film! 5/5

Cheers!

SuburbAnimationStudios wrote:

That was extremely well done.  It's always great to see a fellow animator use a higher framerate like 25fps.  It takes so much patience, but if done right, It really adds a new layer of depth to the animation.

The opening shot was probably my favorite.  Despite some uneven speed here and there, you really pulled off an impressive shot.  I'd love to see the rig you used, as I enjoy animating tracking shots for my films as well.
I also liked the fact that the script has no dialogue.  I have always preferred films with minimal dialogue because when a Lego character "opens his mouth",  in many cases I think it takes the film down a notch because of the lack of professional audio equipment/software and experienced actors, so It's always refreshing for me to see a great film that communicates without using words.

Everything else has great production value too, the lighting, the sets, and the music.  The sound design was rather simple, but effective.

Overall an excellent film! 5/5

Cheers!

Thanks !

Having a brickfilm without dialogues also makes it more international. Everyone understand what it tells.

I made some behind-the-scenes photos :

http://www.brick-a-brack.com/fichiers/uploads/documents/2/7C13D70F1C.jpg http://www.brick-a-brack.com/fichiers/uploads/documents/2/1D0D261465.jpg

More here : https://www.brick-a-brack.com/brickfilms/fiche/1960/

Last edited by Aiwha (July 4, 2017 (12:07am))

The animation is superb.  I am quite stumped as to how you were able to execute such an impressive feat of animation, and would be quite interesting in some behind the scenes information upon how this was possible.
Very good.

It's good to know there are still good animators out there. This should be the below average standard for brickfilming

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Squid wrote:

The animation is superb.  I am quite stumped as to how you were able to execute such an impressive feat of animation, and would be quite interesting in some behind the scenes information upon how this was possible.
Very good.

I wrote some behind the scenes information here : http://www.brick-a-brack.com/brickfilms … 960-5.html
It's in French, but the google translated version is more or less understandable : Behind the scenes of Indus (Translated)
If Google is not enough and you want me to translate a part of it myself, tell me. mini/wink

That was absolutely brilliant, it reminded me again the art of brickfilming, and to be honest if the contest produced this film alone it would still have been a success!

As has been said before, the opening shot was wonderful, the animation in general was so smooth and pleasing to the eye and the story was effectively told with some very polished visuals. The theme interoperation was excellent and I honestly couldn't think of a more suitable winner.

Bravo, and I look forward to seeing more great things of you to come!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

This was before my time, so sorry to dig up an old topic, but wow! And your link to the BTS discussion seems to be 404, is there anywhere else I can read about how you achieved this incredible shot?

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png