Topic: Thank Friday

Directory Link

Thank Friday

YouTube

Nigel, Chris, and Fred make a movie highlighting the close proximity between Thanksgiving and Black Friday, despite having opposite purposes.

First film in ages, bit rushed and all but I'm happy with the result!:D

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: Thank Friday

I really liked the fat and ugly line.
Somehow, the bad audio there seemed extremely fitting and intentional.

Squid wrote:

I really liked the fat and ugly line.
Somehow, the bad audio there seemed extremely fitting and intentional.

Ironically, that line wasn't even in the script, I just improv'ed it, so props to Hal for adding that line in.

I thought it was funny. The animation was smooth and made Carroll's stuff look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blinfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs. The jokes were funny and it was (unfortunately) an accurate depiction of how most people celebrate thanksgiving today.

Last edited by PushOverProductions (November 30, 2013 (01:22pm))

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

The animation might not be too impressive, but the movie made me laugh and was quite entertaining.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Hate to be a buzzkill, guys, but Onion doesn't get any legitimate feedback if everyone is posting joke reviews. Let's try to be constructive. I've removed a few posts to put the thread back on track.

Pushover I.... what....

Good one Hal, the fat and ugly thing made me laugh loads. I'd just like to see you make more brickfilms that amount to more than just a bit of still dialogue, with a fleshed out plot and such.

Still though, nice job.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Cheers guys.

I'd really like to make a bigger and better film, I haven't got into too much of a rhythm when it comes to animating but I'm hoping to do it more consistently now that everything is working pretty well for me.

Also credit to Chris for improvising on the 'fat and ugly' line!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

That was beautiful, Hal. The comedic timing and everything ("one day, I won't be lazy and I'll kill you"). I think the "olol black fwiday is iwonik olol" joke is just a little overused--now that everyone keeps cracking that same joke. But, that was one of your best, IMO.

The one thing that I loved best was that it's from the perspective of Irish dudes who don't celebrate Thanksgiving. That's pretty clever.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Yes, I loved that it was from an overseas perspective. I was just talking with a family member about how non-Americans must view us on Black Friday, so it was neat to see that here.

I noticed Squash mentioned constructive comments, so I'll see if I can toss in something useful. When Nigel pops around the corner, I noticed that he stops somewhat unnaturally. One thing that can help fluidity for slightly rapid movements like that can be one or two ending frames that go in the opposite direction ever so slightly.

A good way to view this in reality is to take your arm, point upward, and move it down in a quick motion. Stop around midway and you'll notice your arm bob slightly up before stopping completely. If you can emulate this in stop motion it can make motion that feels more real. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Heh. Not much I can really say that hasn't already been said, but I really like this.

PushOverProductions wrote:

I thought it was funny. The animation was smooth and made Carroll's stuff look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blinfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.

Is that an insult or is it a fight you want?

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Hate to be a buzzkill, guys, but Onion doesn't get any legitimate feedback if everyone is posting joke reviews. Let's try to be constructive. I've removed a few posts to put the thread back on track.

Thanks Squash!

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.