Re: THAC 11 is on the way!

Nice prizes this year. I really hope to enter, and maybe come up with a good idea, too, unlike my last two THAC films. mini/tongue

Let's do this! mini/bigsmile

And just as a warning to those new to the Skype group, it's pretty out-of-control. I joined it for a few minutes last year and left forever.

Mighty Wanderer does bring up a good point; to anyone wanting to join the Skype group: it's not monitored by any BiM mods or anyone for that matter, so it does get out of hand at times. It's all in good fun though. A taste of what it's like on Skype can be seen here (Warning: Occasional use of fowl language).

And as of now, there are only 3 spots left in the group. We may kick a few people out because they are never online, but as of now there are 3 spots.

Last edited by Chris W. (November 30, 2013 (07:05pm))

Oh, I am really looking forward to this! I'm sad I had to bail out on entering last time, so this year I'm determined to finish. Also, Skype chat is sooper fun.

SOOO HYPE!

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Kinda hard not to feel intimidated by this contest. Definitely entering but dang, I can't help but wonder if I can pull it off. It's going to be a lot harder to craft something this year as I've tried to raise my standards and work from a more story oriented standpoint. (Although I haven't always succeeded at that)

Still, I'll give it my best shot. And as always it'll be awesome to see what you all create for the contest! THAC is kind of like a second Christmas. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

IT'S REALLY TEMPTING!

I've been kinda wanting to just take this one off.  I've got a big fight scene I'm making, and I don't really want to stop mid-scene to make a THAC, and I don't want to rush the scene and ruin it.
But being in THAC is a great thing.
I did learn a lot from last year.  Also, my brother was gone for a large part of that day.  If we correctly coordinated, I might be able to switch off from animating very quickly and evenly to maximize efficiency.
But I'm still leaning toward not entering.  Perhaps I'll make a huge mistake and decide to enter as soon as it's announced, though.

Though, it might be nice to sit at the sidelines and help people out with lines and such, just as long as it isn't raining.  Voice act like crazy.  Perhaps help with some ideas.

But THAC X was the most exciting day of my whole life and that was really cool.

Sean wrote:

Might have to bring my A-Game this year.

AW SNAP. Sean's bringing his A-Game, guys! W00t! mini/lol

Really gonna go for putting an entry out. And I'm looking forward to all the other inactives coming together at this time of year to put out a film. THAC Double-One's gonna kick it!

Plus, I might...just might...try the Skype call this THAC...

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Sounds Awesome! Can't wait. (I've got so many ideas already, such a contrast from last year.)

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I will try, although I will likely cry.

Thac 11 gives me 28 days to get my act together. I've almost got all my animation goods sorted, I think, so I'll give the competition a go, at least. Hopefully 28 days on from now I shall be a tired, zombie-like child whose made some brickfilm goodness. Fingers crossed.

Please take a note, 11 is my lucky number, so tremble in fear kids

Last edited by Carousel (November 30, 2013 (08:58pm))

If I enter I might make a THACumentary to document my first THAC. I was going to last year but stupid family vacation got in the way. And I sadly watched the whole hustle and bustle excitement from a hotel lobby Kiosk. :supersadfaceemoticon:

~Hal

Woohooo! Alright, I want to do this! I've been waiting for this opportunity for a while. Now that it's here I do find it quite intimidating to be honest, but I am definitely going to do this. It'll be so much fun! I'll probably die.

Yes! The one time of the year when people actually visit this website!

This year I might actually try to make a THACumentary. Also, since I have a much better microphone, the judges will hopefully be able to enjoy my film this time rather than contstantly be fiddling about with their sound controls.

YouTube
Max, She/They

I wish I could enter.  It sounds really fun and I've been meaning to make something for ages now, but I'm not very experienced as an animator and my animation setup isn't exactly ideal for 24 hours of non-stop animating, and school has been devouring my soul and creative spirit

Still, if I magically get more animation experience and a better set-up by the end of the month, I might be able to, but it's unlikely.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

And just as a warning to those new to the Skype group, it's pretty out-of-control. I joined it for a few minutes last year and left forever.

Sounds like someone's not rad enough to handle us.

Really though, it does get a bit crazy, but as Chris said it's all in good fun. Thanks to the call last year THAC was one of the best times of my life. But yeah, it's pretty crazy, and you probably shouldn't join if you don't like profanity or whatever.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I have to study... but mod edit it! I'm in.

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Still waiting for my prize from last year!

But otherwise, I should be entering again mini/wink

mini/smile

I must enter, seeing as last year I slept in on the day of THAC...

jstudios wrote:
Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Sounds like someone's not rad enough to handle us.

Really though, it does get a bit crazy, but as Chris said it's all in good fun. Thanks to the call last year THAC was one of the best times of my life. But yeah, it's pretty crazy, and you probably shouldn't join if you don't like profanity or whatever.

It's like a super awesome party, but in the form of a skype call.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Is the criteria for judging listed anywhere? I can't seem to find one for last THAC either. I remember it being there but I guess I'm just not looking in the right places.

EDIT: Alright I found last years. It said Judges "pick which film they like best". Will this year's be judged in the same way?

Last edited by Walter Benson (December 1, 2013 (10:10am))

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Wouldn't it be better to focus on animating rather than waste precious time on skype?

Squid wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to focus on animating rather than waste precious time on skype?

Why not both?

Actually the only reason I enter this contest is because of the skype calls, I don't care at all about how my entry turns out because that means nothing to me compared to how fun our conversations are for 24 hours straight.