Re: THAC 11 is on the way!

Squid wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to focus on animating rather than waste precious time on skype?

Although it does become slightly distracting at times, it does allow a lot of quick feedback and creativity from the people you're talking with. It also motivates you to keep working when you hear others working hard as well.

Chris W. wrote:
Squid wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to focus on animating rather than waste precious time on skype?

Although it does become slightly distracting at times, it does allow a lot of quick feedback and creativity from the people you're talking with. It also motivates you to keep working when you hear others working hard as well.

Is that what you call it?

Well, it seems I will be on vacation from the 21st to the 29th. I will watch from a distance though, and give any help I can. mini/smile

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

I may actually enter this. I don't have much experience Brickfilming at the moment, but I could see a time-contrained contest like this helping to change that.

Chris W. wrote:
Squid wrote:

Yeah for real yo.

The call is great because as soon as you get an idea you can just be like 'Hey ------ can you say this line for me' and everyone gets it done pretty much immediately. You also get loads of feedback on what you're doing and such.

Stupid moments on the call aside, it's actually pretty good for feedback.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Lucas wrote:

I don't care at all about how my entry turns out because that means nothing to me compared to how fun our conversations are for 24 hours straight.

But, your entries turn out awesome anyways...usually.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Good date for me.  Can't wait for THAC, had the time of the my life last year.  I can certainly fix my mistakes from last year.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Going to enter for the first time ever!!!  mini/smile

4th time I'm trying and 3rd time I'll (hopefully) enter! And 3's my favorite number!

Squid wrote:

I gotta agree with this, although for me the whole experience is almost as good as the film its self. It's fascinating seeing the stages everyone is at, and it's also usually hilarious too. I think to a decent degree it can be helpful to you as well if you don't abuse your time on it.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Good point.  Feedback is a good thing.  Especially when you have no time to think stuff through very intelligently yourself.
Just don't get too lost in it.

I could probably never animate with people talking.  I'd get all of my counting messed up.

That's why I use chat and twitter. Not as distracting and I can check in on how everyone else is doing and ask for occasional help. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Hope I can join this year.

Oh, yes! Time to get THACing yet again... in 27 days. Well, I can't wait to enter! mini/yes

Screw Christmas - THIS is what I wait all year for!

YouTube
Max, She/They

^ I think I could agree with this.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Right now I'm working on another brickfilm, but that's interesting. I love this contest.

I am definitely entering!

I'm not random, I start conversations.

Silly question.
What about links to royalty free music or volunteer musicians for THAC the 11th?

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Its pretty cray thinking this has been going for 11 years.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here