Topic: Skyscraper ads?

While browsing BiM, occasionally I would load a page, and there would be a nice, tall, skyscraper where the normal ads would be (picture).  It seems to only be this ToysRUs ad, if that helps. Is it supposed to be there?

Re: Skyscraper ads?

I've been getting the same ad.
I think it's the type of ad that's s supposed to appear at  the side of the screen like on some websites but it's appearing at the top for some reason.

Same here

I was actually just about to post a thread about this here. mini/XD

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Squid wrote:

I've been getting the same ad.
I think it's the type of ad that's s supposed to appear at  the side of the screen like on some websites but it's appearing at the top for some reason.

Exactly what I assumed.

@Pushover - lol.

Me too.

I'm also Bappy on Discord for those wondering.

I keep getting it too, I have been since yesterday.

I opened a new tab for every section with new posts and every one had the skyscraper ad.

I haven't been getting any of those. But, I have been getting these other random ads. I don't really know how to describe it. But, I'll get these ads that pop up right in the middle of the thread. Like, right between two posts. The one bugging me right now is a Red Cross ad about typhoon relief in the Phillipine Islands. It might just be the computer I'm using. But, on top of that, I'll be scrolling the forums, and when I want to open a thread, it will instead act as if I had clicked on an ad, and it'll take me to that separate page.

Last edited by Mickey (January 8, 2014 (03:36pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I also got the skyscraper ad.

Last edited by Rockydude411 (January 8, 2014 (04:36pm))

Ads between posts and random redirects sounds like you have some sort of malware. You should run a scan on the computer.

That wasn't my own computer. Sorry, I think I should have included that bit.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

#AdBlocker

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I don't have this problem any more, is it resolved for anyone else?

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Erm...no, not for me.  I clicked New Posts for this forum and then clicked on this topic...I got the same skyscraper ad.
EDIT: Well that was annoying, I just got it on the main page of the forums.  Like right after I logged in it was on the main page, that hadn't happened to me before.

Last edited by JonnDthunDer (January 8, 2014 (09:48pm))

Squash is right that if you're getting ads between posts that may be malware, as the ads on this site should not be able to do that.

I'm going to look into the skyscraper ad issue.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Thanks, I think it's just a Toys r us Sales ad that's causing the problem.