Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

This program is open source and we have multiple people working on it, if any.

So why not visit a programming forum and posting it?

Tons of people who want something to do, and Java is popular, though to be honest writing a program like this in Java was a pretty stupid thing, but I guess everyone knows how to use Java thats on the team. I won't complain, if this goes well a dang good program is coming out of it.

I think CaveMan Incorperated asked around a bit, but I could ask around on a different forum I know of, but I don't actually know where the latest Mac version is. If I could get the latest Mac version, I can also help with updating to github because I have experience with it as I have been working on my first licensed program just about daily ever since July of this year. I know Caveman was having trouble with that.

Really have to get organized mini/confused

This has been the disorganized programmers' (and LEGO Stopmotion Animators') development hut. Is there anything else I can help you with?

I'm no software programmer, but I do understand some coding speak. I'm happy to offer my available time to help out. One thing I might be able to help out with is designing the appearance of the program. I'm computer literate also, so I'm sure I can pick up some C++ fairly easily.

Edit

Might be worth looking for other coders in whirlpool, and mac-forums.

Last edited by Kieren Barnett (November 13, 2013 (08:03pm))

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

I've finally been able to run Biscuit on my Mac! Of course, I made it so it does not support DSLRs, and I haven't been able to use the webcam without crashing my machine, but at least it's running. I may have to take over primary programming since no one is actually doing much here, but anyway, I've decided to do some work here… and I'm not done yet.

This is sounding epic, I hope you add some original features to it.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Are these the current repositories, Tenny?

This is a bit late but are you all doing this in Java? I would say another but I only know Python as a multi OS language. And java just kinda. sucks.

Then again Im comparing it with Java games not applications.

While I wouldn't have chosen Java were I to start a project like this myself, it doesn't 'suck'. It's a well supported language with virtually any feature a developer could want. That a language isn't tailor made for performance applications doesn't discount it as a solution for other projects. If all we cared about was native speed, people would be writing videogames in assembly (and GTA V would be released sometime in late 2084).

I think this project can work in Java; whether we have enough knowledgeable people interested in working on it is a different question. If the repositories I linked in my last post are up to date, the program still has a long way to go before it'll be useful to anyone. There are some obvious bugs that tell me people weren't checking over the each other's work, and the overall structure of the program isn't what I would consider intuitive (which would be less of a problem if the design decisions leading up to it were well documented). Getting organized would be a good idea- the repositories (if those are current) being buried on a random page of this thread instead of being in the first post is frustrating. If tenny confirms that those are current, I'll update the first post for you.

TL;DR: Y'all need to get organized. Getting people to work together is hard; getting people to work together without communicating is impossible.

They are, unfortunately, the latest repos. However, CWStudios is the only person who really wrote any code for the program that is currently public. And I haven't seen either him nor Caveman Inc since early summer of 2013.

*BUMP*
5 months on, is there new anyone around here with knowledge of these Java things...? mini/confused
This project really looked like it had potential and I wonder if there is anyone who could fill the roles of 'the fallen' coders of BISCUIT. (Or is it not that simple?)

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

I'm not "fallen" I'm just working on other projects.

Well seems the GitHub is gone and my account is rundown and dumb.
I think we need to restart the project and start from scratch.

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

That would be nice. We need to start simple and release an Alpha version an build from there.

If you need any HTML, or at a stretch, CSS or PHP help, I might be able to help out. I know those are used on web, but I'm not sure to what extent they're used in making a program.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

And don't use Java this time, I don't know it.

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

Kieren Barnett wrote:

If you need any HTML, or at a stretch, CSS or PHP help, I might be able to help out. I know those are used on web, but I'm not sure to what extent they're used in making a program.

We could make a web app, one that will work with my phone… or we could not. I don't know. I know that HTML and CSS are not really languages that do logic and math; those languages are used more for design. PHP is a programming language that does math and logic, but I think if there's any processing done and file saving, I think that's all done on the server, not the computer of the web browser. If we do a web  app, we'll have to look into free or cheap server hosting.

lunears wrote:

And don't use Java this time, I don't know it.

Do you have any suggestions for other languages? I'm trying to get back into Cocoa/Objective-C (It had been my second language I learned but lost interest when I started doing more wih Java), but that's for Mac only. I don't really know any other languages well enough to do anything with them, especially GUI programs.

Last edited by jasper (July 2, 2014 (09:23pm))

Not sure if a web app would work, some people's internet isn't that efficient and it would take more time to export as not only does it have to render the final animation, but it has to download from the internet. If my points are invalid please correct me!

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...