Re: THAC 11: Results!

I beat Pritchard? mini/eek And Aquamorph got 26th? I'd really like to be enlightened on this.

Well, 27th is my best THAC ranking yet, and almost half of my last two THAC standings. I'm happy. mini/tongue

Congratulations to the winners! Now I need to go rewatch them.

Wow, that was unexpected! mini/sunnies
Thanks a lot to all the judges and congratulation to everybody else who participated, there were many many many very good entries mini/delirium
As usual 24 hours of nearly non-stop brickfilming was tons of fun and I am definitely looking forward to next year’s Christmas.....  THAC 12!!! mini/yes

PunBB bbcode test

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

I beat Pritchard? mini/eek And Aquamorph got 26th? I'd really like to be enlightened on this.

At least they can watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Congrats to the winners!!!

P.S. enjoyed every entry! mini/bigsmile

What are the chances of getting 50th 2 years in a row?

Pritchard Studios wrote:

29th is my lowest contest ranking yet

Pritchard and Aq got some ridiculously low ratings for how good their films were.  'Tis a bit sad.
Though, I'm pleasantly surprised upon how high Fish Tale placed, as I feared it may be mostly ignored.

I only got 15th, but I guess that's okay.   I feel Sean's entry wasn't as good as last years, which should have won, but I'm glad Forlorn got second since his entry was the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8ngpvM_EI0

New title...

Last edited by funmiproductions (January 20, 2014 (10:39am))

Congrats winners! Thank you Hazzat and all the judges.

Loïc F-B wrote:
Mighty Wanderer wrote:

At least they can watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Seems about right. Can I at least get a chocolate bar?

Congrats to all the winners! I'm not too happy about how my entry placed, but that's okay.

Wow I beat Funmiproductions' entry.
Congrats to the winners.  They did a very good job.

58th place, well.. That gives me a bit of room for improvement!

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

#Snubbed

Congratulations to all the winners and participants! It was a great year for brickfilms. The entries were fantastic!

I'd also like to thank the judges and Hazzat for organizing this. You guys really had a lot of brickfilms to sort through, and I'm sure that judging them was no easy task.

However I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with the rankings. I don't even feel like I earned that 4th place, personally. There were so many superior entries that got ranked lower than I thought they deserved.

Understand that I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the judges or come off as being a drama queen. I knew how the judging process worked from the beginning so I knew the results were going to surprise me. You guys worked really hard and I don't want to criticize you for that.

Maybe all I'm saying is that we should have a discussion about the judging process in the future - a respectful, insightful discussion about how it works, if we should change, if we should even have a say, etc. etc.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

44th place is good for my first THAC, right????? lol

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

For anyone interested, there's a write up of THAC and the winners over on Brickflickers.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

3rd place for my second completed THAC. That'll do.

Congrats to the other winners, and really everyone who finished a film! Having attempted and failed two THACs previously I know it's not an easy task just to finish one!

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Congratulations to all that entered!! This was my first THAC and tbh im pretty happy being placed 60th, I only started animating a few months ago! Hopefully i can do a better job for next year mini/smile

Gratz to the winners! Absolutely well deserved!
mini/bigsmile mini/bigsmile mini/bigsmile

First of all, congratulations to the winners! They really deserved to be in the top 3. Then, I have to say I'm surprised our entry got placed that high! That was the pleasant surprise of the day!

As already mentioned, there were some great entries that (in my opinion) should have placed higher. Squid, AquaMorph and MindGame, for example. However, I don't think we should complain about the results. There were an awful lot of entries, and a lot of them were really good, so the judges have done an amazing job judging them all. Thank you for that, and for hosting this contest. Hopefully I won't have to go away halfway through the contest this year! mini/tongue

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."

Squid wrote:

Pritchard and Aq got some ridiculously low ratings for how good their films were.  'Tis a bit sad.

I've heard a lot of complaints like this and I agree to an extent, but I think the issue here is that you're all getting too good. There were so many excellent entries that even the ones that placed 30-something are still great pieces of film. I've heard many people say 'This film should have been higher!' but barely anyone say 'This one should have been lower!'

It's really not about the numbers, and the fact that such a great event has to be soured by drama over it is one of the reasons I question whether THAC should be a contest at all. If you'd like to discuss that, the Future of THAC topic is the place to go.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png