Topic: Lego Western Shootout

Directory Link

Lego Western Shootout

YouTube

Two young whippersnappers engage in some deadly gunplay.

Re: Lego Western Shootout

Ha - that was pretty funny; great job.

The only thing I would have done differently, and this is merely a personal preference, but when you started the 3 tracking shots in succession, I would have made the second shot move in the opposite direction from the first; simply to add another visual cue that the camera shot/subject had changed.

Well done

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

You are improving by leaps and bounds. I thought it was quite funny, I actually laughed out loud at the punchline, which I don't do that often, the animation was really nice and smooth, and the set, which was one of your biggest drawbacks was quite nice; maybe not stunning, but it really got the job done and felt like a reasonably realistic setting. I think the animation of the gun spinning could have been a little bit faster, but that's a very minor flaw. Overall really well done, and I can't wait to see what you do in the future. mini/smile

AlNickelsFilms wrote:

Ha - that was pretty funny; great job.

The only thing I would have done differently, and this is merely a personal preference, but when you started the 3 tracking shots in succession, I would have made the second shot move in the opposite direction from the first; simply to add another visual cue that the camera shot/subject had changed.

Well done

Thanks! I actually struggled with how to do the tracking shots for quite some time. I ultimately decided to do it the way I did because I felt it created a more fluid effect starting with the "bad guy" and moving in a counterclockwise direction.

@backyardlegos
Thanks for the nice comment mini/smile

Last edited by KingLemuel (May 9, 2014 (02:40pm))

Great movie; short, to the point, and funny. Your animation is Quite good, and your set was nice. Don't see camera movement in movies much, so what you did was nice to see.

GEF wrote:

Great movie; short, to the point, and funny. Your animation is Quite good, and your set was nice. Don't see camera movement in movies much, so what you did was nice to see.

Thanks man I appreciate it mini/smile