Topic: Momentum.

Directory Link

Momentum.

Youtube

Super-being Momentum breaks his way through the protection grid at a terrorist-owned museum with the intention of overloading its generator. However, Phase, a member of Super-being terrorist group The Unusuals, has other ideas.

Last edited by Lisaisanut (May 28, 2014 (04:38am))

Re: Momentum.

That was decent. You had good lighting and smooth animation, although I do question your use in unnecessary vile language. I really didn't get anything that was happening because I couldn't hear the voices clear enough. The music was so loud it was blocking out most of the dialogue. Consider that next time you make a brickfilm because it can really put off the viewer. mini/smile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Harborlight Productions wrote:

That was decent. You had good lighting and smooth animation, although I do question your use in unnecessary vile language. I really didn't get anything that was happening because I couldn't hear the voices clear enough. The music was so loud it was blocking out most of the dialogue. Consider that next time you make a brickfilm because it can really put off the viewer. mini/smile

I am aware of the music / dialogue issue, something I think Youtube did when it processed the video since when I listen to it on the raw file it sounds perfect, just as I'd mixed it. Thank you for your response.

EDIT: Also, I mean to edit out some of the language such as my use of the word s**t, although I admit I forgot until the film was mid-way through upload an by that time I had gotten lazy.

Last edited by Lisaisanut (May 27, 2014 (06:20pm))

Yep, the effects were great, animation good, and some of the dialog is hilarious.
The only major issues were those mentioned above.
(An easy way to remember to edit out language is by not writing it in the script in the first place. mini/wink
I understand that some people feel it has a place at times, but this was excessive.)

I like the world it set up, and the atmosphere as a whole. The use of clear heads is unique, and the lighting/set of the generator room looked pretty good. The effect used when the one building blows up didn't look right and gives the impression of an empty building, not one with several floors and completely furnished, but that's kinda a nit-pick on my part.

I don't think I can say anything that wasn't already mentioned, I really enjoyed this! Great job!

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Animation = awesome

Audio = mini/sad

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Another enjoyable animation. Good animation, effects and dialogue, like everyone else has said, but you need to work on the audio in general. I know YouTube messed up you audio levels, but I think some of the voice acting was a bit weak as well.

Still, look forward to your next project!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

You removed the video?

I think he's taken it down to fix the audio levels.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot wrote:

I think he's taken it down to fix the audio levels.

I did indeed, the audio should now be fixed. In regards to concerns about the language, I don't usually have it in my film and didn't plan to on this one. Only one use of it was actually written in the script, and that was me saying s**t, although I later regretted that as it was plainly put there for the sake of cursing. Phase yelling son of a b*tch was originally meant to cut off as soon as he said "Son of a--" but I simply forgot, as for the s**t that was meant to be edited out to say crap, damn or some other less strong word, although again, I simply forgot.

Moral of the story: Youtube sucks with audio and I really need to start making notes and tacking them to my computer screen.

Great work Aaron, the filters you put on the peace keeper and the police scanner radio in the beginning made them a bit hard to understand,

and this is nitpicking but i think when the guy's phone rang it was a bit too loud, next time try making it louder and putting it through a filter that makes it a bit scratched up, that's what i'm doing in recon for the phones atleast.

all in all, great work, 9/10!

Btw guys, he did put a language warning on the film here, and considering how bad some other brickfilmers get, this was surprisingly clean for a brickfilm aimed at teenagers. so the language was not a problem in my opinion

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q799/BrickFIlmerHMS/artforBiM_zps51f66287.jpg

High Mountain Studios wrote:

Great work Aaron, the filters you put on the peace keeper and the police scanner radio in the beginning made them a bit hard to understand,

and this is nitpicking but i think when the guy's phone rang it was a bit too loud, next time try making it louder and putting it through a filter that makes it a bit scratched up, that's what i'm doing in recon for the phones atleast.

all in all, great work, 9/10!

Btw guys, he did put a language warning on the film here, and considering how bad some other brickfilmers get, this was surprisingly clean for a brickfilm aimed at teenagers. so the language was not a problem in my opinion

I have nothing to say on your first two points, but in regards to the phone: I know that was too loud, although due to a stupid reason that I won't tell you because its stupid I wasn't able to fix that audio when I fixed the rest. Also it did have a filter on it to make it scratched up, although now I realise that it may have been too subtle. ^_^

Just because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean that joining in is okay. I didn't think the langauge was excessive, but I don't think bad language really has a place in stop-motion films with childrens' toys. Then again, each to his or her own, and like Pritch said, it's easy to avoid having it by not putting it in the script at all.

jampot wrote:

Just because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean that joining in is okay. I didn't think the langauge was excessive, but I don't think bad language really has a place in stop-motion films with childrens' toys. Then again, each to his or her own, and like Pritch said, it's easy to avoid having it by not putting it in the script at all.

Yes, the film is made with childrens' toys. BUT. It is NOT a film for children, watching any of my recent Brickfilms confirms that I don't make films for children. I make videos with Lego because I love the brand and the way it looks when I animate it, plus, I can do near anything with Lego. Momentum was originally conceived as a Live-Action film, yet watching it you can clearly see why this wouldn't work.

Also on the note of childrens' toys, Robot Chicken is made with Action Figures and is in no way a childrens' show. On my final note: From what you send it seems as though you hint that the cursing in my film was purely put in to join what others are doing, this is untrue. Personally, if I was fighting someone who then phased through solid ground, I would curse too. It was a reaction true to life, you wouldn't just stare.

jampot wrote:

Wasn't saying he was doing it because everyone else was, I'm just saying that swearing in a brickfilm is not a problem like people are saying it is.

it's just how the film is, it's how the characters would talk so he wrote it that way........also, people keep wanting lego stop motion to be taken more seriously but as long as people keep saying "Oh you shouldn't use those words or have that social topic in it because it's a lego film" then brickfilms are never going to be taken even slightly seriously.

I don't use language in my films because I don't feel comfortable using adult language around people I don't know and the internet is the ultimate never ending void of people i don't know.

It's each brickfilmer's own choice if he or she wants to use language in their own film and it doesn't change the quality of the brickfilm mini/smile

AND for those who say "Well kids might see it!", If you're letting a kid who is too young to hear mild language look for youtube videos on their own, there are MUCH worse things than brickfilms with a bit of cursing on youtube you should be worried about the kid finding!

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q799/BrickFIlmerHMS/artforBiM_zps51f66287.jpg

Lisaisanut wrote:

Momentum was originally conceived as a Live-Action film, yet watching it you can clearly see why this wouldn't work.

My comment was a general comment on brickfilming as a whole, not just on your animations. Besides, at no point did I say it devalued the rest of your brickfilm. I really don't see why you're taking it so much to heart - it's just my opinion. Momentum was an expression of your opinion. There's nothing wrong with posting either.

Lisaisanut wrote:

From what you send it seems as though you hint that the cursing in my film was purely put in to join what others are doing, this is untrue. Personally, if I was fighting someone who then phased through solid ground, I would curse too. It was a reaction true to life, you wouldn't just stare.

Wasn't saying he was doing it because everyone else was, I'm just saying that swearing in a brickfilm is not a problem like people are saying it is.

I'm not saying he added the swearing to jump on the bandwagon. I'm just saying it's a poor justification.

Nor did I say that having the swearing devalued the rest of the brickfilm. In my first reply here, I put:

jampot wrote:

Another enjoyable animation. Good animation, effects and dialogue, like everyone else has said, but you need to work on the audio in general. I know YouTube messed up you audio levels, but I think some of the voice acting was a bit weak as well. Still, look forward to your next project!

I think you're a bit too much on the defenisve, lisaisanut. I mean, isn't one of the main reasons for putting a brickfilm up here to receive feedback/criticism? That's just what we're doing.

I also think we should call the swearing conversation to an end with this post. That would have it's own place in another topic, maybe in General Film Discussion, if you wanted to go and make it there. We've tied it up here now, I think.

jampot wrote:
Lisaisanut wrote:

Momentum was originally conceived as a Live-Action film, yet watching it you can clearly see why this wouldn't work.

My comment was a general comment on brickfilming as a whole, not just on your animations. Besides, at no point did I say it devalued the rest of your brickfilm. I really don't see why you're taking it so much to heart - it's just my opinion. Momentum was an expression of your opinion. There's nothing wrong with posting either.

Lisaisanut wrote:

From what you send it seems as though you hint that the cursing in my film was purely put in to join what others are doing, this is untrue. Personally, if I was fighting someone who then phased through solid ground, I would curse too. It was a reaction true to life, you wouldn't just stare.

I'm not saying he added the swearing to jump on the bandwagon. I'm just saying it's a poor justification.

Nor did I say that having the swearing devalued the rest of the brickfilm. In my first reply here, I put:

jampot wrote:

Another enjoyable animation. Good animation, effects and dialogue, like everyone else has said, but you need to work on the audio in general. I know YouTube messed up you audio levels, but I think some of the voice acting was a bit weak as well. Still, look forward to your next project!

I think you're a bit too much on the defenisve, lisaisanut. I mean, isn't one of the main reasons for putting a brickfilm up here to receive feedback/criticism? That's just what we're doing.

I also think we should call the swearing conversation to an end with this post. That would have it's own place in another topic, maybe in General Film Discussion, if you wanted to go and make it there. We've tied it up here now, I think.

In no way did I intend to fight your criticism nor devalue your opinion, I apologise if I came off this way. My original response wasn't just aimed at you, but for the simple reason that I can't work the forum and couldn't figure out how to reply to more than one person at once it appeared as though all of that original reply was on you. I apologise again.

Thanks for your feedback.