Re: LEGO Super Heroes (Marvel+DC!)

That's disappointing, I was hoping the 3DS/DS version would be good.  mini/sad
My family only has the Wii as a console and I've got a DS.  Any chance of you taking a quick video or a few pictures of the gameplay, just so I could see what it's like?  I haven't found any pictures of the handheld version yet. 
Did your 3DS preorder come with Iron Patriot?  I'm tempted to buy a console version and sell it just to get Iron Patriot...

Yeah, I got the Iron Patriot. Guess that's the one good thing that came out of this game…it started badly, it grew on me a little, and then it destroyed all my hopes by being terrible againat the end.

I'm afraid I've packaged it up ready to eBay it, but I did a quick search for you:
http://brickfanatics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/zto4MxiB8EKSspFDTqoCXhX-9NYuZRXK.jpg
http://brickfanatics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Kwf3D07ZEQA4MLce6X7C9_juDuX7p-2G.jpg

The negative points are:

• You can't jump.

• It's this view through the whole thing, and that's really off-putting. You can't see any of your character's details, and sometimes it's hard to work out what's going on.

• There are 91 characters on the 3DS version. There are 132 on consoles, not counting DLCs and alternate costumes. You can't get any of the Guardians of the Galaxy (with the exception of Star-lord), Malekith, Algrim, Absorbing Man, Killian, Moon Knight, Black Panther, Nightmare, Nova or Squirrel Girl, just to name a few. There are loads of others you can't get.

• There are no DLCs for the 3DS version.

• The console versions have 12 bonus levels, none of which appear on the 3DS.

• No vehicles.

• No character customiser.

• No main hub between levels (e.g. the Mos Eisley Cantina in LEGO Star Wars, or the Batcave in LEGO Batman).

• There aren't many puzzles - it feels more like a phone version of Street Fighter than a LEGO game. There's the odd challenge here and there, like gaps that only Mister Fantastic can squeeze through, but that's it.

• You can only take two characters into Freeplay (the only game mode after you complete Story the first time), and one of them gets chosen for you.

• Horribly glitchy.

• Lose all your hearts, you have to start the level again - there are no respawns.

• Each level only takes 4 to 10 minutes.

• Each level has ten achievements which each give you a gold brick for completion. You have to get a certain number of these to go to the next level. Without it, you're stuck, and some of them are really hard to get. Because of this, I've quit 3 levels from the end.

Hope this helps. The negatives really outweigh the positives, which are extremely few and very far between. I wouldn't recommend this game at all.

It's such a shame, because there's no alternative. There's no other LEGO Marvel game out/coming out that I can replace this with to make up for it. I don't have any other consoles (plus all my computers are Macs, so no PC version for me), so what looks like an amazing game on every other platform, based on characters I'm more excited about than any LEGO game we've had before, will completely pass me by. Thanks, TT Games.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Huh, I couldn't find those pictures for some reason, thanks.  Yeah, all those negatives really seem unnecessary and I'd imagine they'd pretty much ruin the game for me.  Jumping is like my favorite thing to do for no particular reason, without it I'd be horribly depressed, the whole two characters thing for free play is just plain stupid, and dying when you run out of hearts just seems weird.  Not to mention the view. 

I've played all the big LEGO games in the past few years (Batman, Star Wars: The Complete Saga, LEGO Star Wars III, Batman 2 DC Superheroes, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones 2, and Harry Potter Years 1-4) on either the Wii or the DS (and I downloaded all the demos I could find for my Mac just so I could try them like that) so I'm no stranger to the LEGO video games and I was so excited for this one.
From what I've seen of the console versions they're great, it is disappointing how lazy this version seems to be.  Really, I've got my fingers crossed that they'll put it on the Mac App store sometime in the future.  All the recent LEGO video games have been released by Feral Interactive about 3 months after most other versions so if we're lucky we'll get it by next year...I'll have to be getting that version. 

Y'know, if you don't care too much about that Iron Patriot I know someone who would gladly take it off your hands...

Spoiler (click to read)

Just kidding

Sorry to bump a long dead thread, but does anyone think that this set is worth the price? I really want the figures and the lightning base, but the trike is a bit weird.

Spider-man VS Electro

I'm not sure whether it's worth £12.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

It's as over-priced as ever, but what can we Europeans do, but buy? I think it's worth getting for the 'rare' transparent arm.

To me? No.
Electro is cool, but the old Spidey is way better and the four-wheeled trike is a joke at best.
If you have neither figure, and really want both, go for it. It's fairly cheap, and that trans-blue Electro figure is pretty sweet.
Here's a review that may help.

Thanks, that review helps loads.

Thing is, the only part of it I don't want is the trike. I have the old Spidey figure, but it's a bit dated and I'd like to have the new one. Plus that Electro figure and the thing it comes on it really cool.

Still, I'll have to make up my own mind whether I'm willing to pay £12 for it. I mean, for the same price (or less) I could get this, or this, or this, or one of the new Star Wars battle packs, which all seem better value for money.

El bumpo.

So I guess this is fairly old news, and a lot of you have probably heard already, but LEGO has revealed the UCS Tumbler set:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5593/14702317634_61556b6f39.jpg

It's priced at 200 US $ (and I'm guessing around £150) and has 1,869 pieces.  The also threw in a Dark Knight Batman and Joker, which will be exclusive to this set.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3911/14518056639_7e0cf1193f.jpg

On the one hand I'm really happy since I've been wanting to see a Heath Ledger Joker in LEGO for ages now, but I can't help feeling a bit disappointed and cynical that they'll only ever be in this set.  I get the feeling they're mainly just there to drive up the value of the set.  More ridiculously overpriced Batman minifigs hitting the market in 3... 2... 1...

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive