Topic: The Felony at the Fruit Stand (BRAWL 2014)

The Felony at the Fruit Stand

https://i.ytimg.com/vi_webp/Qpyry2NWxuk/mqdefault.webp

YouTube

A mysterious villain is on the loose in the city! The fruit stand robbery investigation begins with Captain D. Rom on the job! - This is my entry for BRAWL 2014. If you want to read a little about the technical aspects of it, please look in the YouTube description. mini/smile

Last edited by rioforce (July 26, 2014 (06:27pm))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: The Felony at the Fruit Stand (BRAWL 2014)

Pretty funny, but the animation really needs some work. The movements are too slow, and way too uniform. Work on easing in and out with each movement, especially on arm movements during dialogue, where the problem is most obvious. The overall idea of the film is good, though; you're definitely on the right track. Keep at it. mini/smile

I must also echo backyardlegos in saying that the animation needs more punch. A lot of the movements are far too slow and uniform, which caused most of the physical comedy gags to fall flat (timing is everything, after all). You have the smoothness down, but that's not quite enough here - it needs to be quicker and have more impact.

Not to say that your film isn't funny, though. Most of the dialogue-driven humor was good, and I particularly liked the way you handled how characters were being mugged]. There's definitely potential here, and your film is good, you just need to tighten up your animation to make it great.

I really liked it.  The story is funny, and ending, with the reveal of the criminal, as well.  I was also really happy to see a LU reference or two in there. As mentioned before, I feel the animation could use a it of speeding up, but overall I enjoyed the film.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I agree with everything here, but the voice acting as Laura was sub-par. I understand you're doing it in a falsetto voice, and doing a good falsetto is difficult, but it did seem off, compared to your other voice acting in the film. But, I must congratulate you on making it through your first BRAWL!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Thank you for all of your comments and critique!

@backyardlegos I am currently working on my animation skills. I wasn't very happy with the result of the animation either. I actually had to re-film a couple of scenes because there were so many set bumps...

@MindGame I'm glad that you thought my film was funny, and like I said to backyardlegos, I'm still working on my animation. I guess I just wasn't too prepared for BRAWL. mini/wink

@FlyingMinifig I'm glad you liked the video! I didn't intentionally put LEGO Universe references in the video, but I played the game so much, it definitely influences all of my films, so I might not have caught the references. mini/wink

@Mickey Laura's voice was extremely hard to do. My voice was really straining to do that voice. It's hard to get voice actresses and my mom just wouldn't do for this voice. I did the best I could. I usually don't include female characters  with voices in my videos for a reason. mini/tongue BRAWL was very fun, and I plan to do it again and work on my animation a lot so I'll prepared for the next one and for THAC.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

That was really awesome it was really funny and the lighting was also really nice. You are definitely getting a lot better keep up the good work.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube