Topic: One in a Million - BRAWL 2014

Directory link

One in a Million

Youtube

Here is the other entry I made. It's the first serious video I've ever done.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Re: One in a Million - BRAWL 2014

The idea of a noncomformist in a conformist society is not a new one, but this still has decent execution.  For some reason

Spoiler (click to read)

Bod saying the mod element

was really funny.

This at first struck me as being very similar to the film Equilibrium, and at first I feared it would be a blatant copy. Thankfully, I was wrong. The idea, while borderline cliche, was executed very well. I think the sound design could use a bit of work, but for a BRAWL film, I won't complain. The thing I enjoyed about this was that it seemed to blur the line between comedy and action. Overall, nicely done.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

I liked it

I liked this film a lot, especially the one joke

Spoiler (click to read)

Would you like an orange piece connected to a red piece.

Films with a similar premise have been done before, but your idea was cool and was one of the entries that I could connect to the theme.

That colour mod.
Amazing.

Everyone is right that the plot is cliche, I knew it, everyone knew it. But I didn't want to make a film that would blend in with all of the other BRAWL entries. I was kind of forced to make something like this.

The mod element was hard to hide at times. Since the film takes place in a prison, it's not like there is a lot of color around. So I had to resort to having a few blatantly obvious parts.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

I enjoyed it. 
Sure, the plot was pretty cliché, but the execution was well done.  Overall the voice acting, animation, story, dialog, sound, everything was good.  If there was something I thought could use a little work, there's two main things:
The aspect ratio.  Of course, this might be all you're currently capable of (depending on camera or software), but I think you could have a much better aspect ratio.  Something a lot wider, and not a square. 
The one other thing would be the 'weight' behind the animation.  Like when the soldier pounded against the door with his gun, you hear a pound, but you see a tap.  It didn't look like there was any weight to it, it just looked like a tap.  So maybe work on the ease in/ease out to make things appear to have some weight to them, I'm not sure exactly how to fix it, just something I noticed.  Overall, great work for a BRAWL entry!

Like when the soldier pounded against the door with his gun, you hear a pound, but you see a tap.

Ahh yes. I was wondering if anyone else would notice this. I originally animated that scene the exact way that I wanted it. The guard put a lot of effort into his swing and it looked really nice. However, about a day after I animated it, I noticed something. I FORGOT THE MOD ELEMENT!! So, after cussing myself out, I re-animated it. I watched the new version with a bit of displeasure, the momentum didn't look natural anymore, and the rate of his swings varied a lot. But I was too lazy to try to recreate what I had done before. Then I noticed something else. I FORGOT THE F***ING MOD ELEMENT AGAIN!! So after slapping myself (I literally did slap myself), I re-animated it AGAIN, making sure that the mod element was in it. The final product was about a fourth as good as the original, but I was too ticked off at that scene to care anymore. And so, everyone is stuck watching my poor physics because of a stinkin' mod element....