Topic: Space Guyz! (Advertising contest)

My entry into the "Quick Short Advertising Contest", Space Guys, inspired by Paganamation's "Little Guys" :

Youtube
Mediafire .wmv download

All sound effects courtesy of SoundSnap

Enjoy,

CheeseyBricks mini/smile

Re: Space Guyz! (Advertising contest)

Beautiful.

The people were well designed and the lip sync was pretty cool. The whole thing seemed a bit too much like Little Guyz! though. But on its own, it's a cracking film.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Thanks guys! I guess that the film could have done with some more origionality (I'm sure that's not spelt correctly mini/confused ), it came out being more than "inspired" by Little Guys than I had first planned, and so my next release will have far more origionality(that really doesn't look right, maybe I'm just ultra-paranoid)

Any other comments?

-CheeseyBricks

Last edited by CheesyBricks (March 24, 2009 (10:02am))

Awesome.

just one word: amazing... mini/jaw

My comment is on the YouTube vid page.

Good stuff.

mini/smile  A  good parody of the original. There are some excellent creations in this, I especially like the space monster. The animation was very smooth, the swirling portal was my favorite. The one thing that you should work on for your next animation is lighting. There were some distracting shadows (e.g. the left side of the frame in "Collect all 7 colors" and "space guy party") and reflections and in general the colors seemed washed out. This thread is a great resource for setting up good lighting.

BTW "originality" is the spelling mini/smile

Yes, I agree with Hazzat, the lip sync was cool, and it did seem almost exactly like Little Guyz!

very nicely done, good job! mini/bigsmile

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4876920171_59c4d4ac70.jpg
More videos on my Youtube Channel or on my (now updated) Webstite