Topic: 2014 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival Announcement

The Brickfilmer's Guild is proud to present the 2014 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival.  The BFG Film Festival is an online brickfilming festival that will showcase some of the best brickfilms of 2014. We invite all brickfilmers to submit their best brickfilm of 2014.

Your entry can be a brickfilm that has already been made, or one you make just for this festival, as long as it was published in 2014.  You have until the end of the year to submit your brickfilm.

This year's festival will have a prestigious judges panel, with representatives from the Brickfilmer's Guild,Bricks in Motion, Set Bump, Brick à Brack, and Brickboard.  The first round of the judging will be done by Big Monkey, after the deadline passes.  He will narrow down all of the entries to just 20-40 finalist entries.  After the list is made public, any of the judges may save one entry that is not on the finalist list and add it if they choose to do so.  This list will be made into a playlist on the Brickfilmer's Guild YouTube Channel.

Judges:
Big Monkey of thefourmonkeys - Brickfilmer's Guild
David Pickett - Set Bump
Pritchard Studios - Bricks in Motion
Golego - Brickboard
Aiwha - Brick à Brack 

Categories:
Story and Screen Play
Cinematography
Animation
Sound Effects
Music Score
Voice Acting
Best Overall with Logo (judged by Big Monkey)
BFG Members Choice (Voted on by BFG Members)
Best Brickfilm of Festival

There will also be various honorable mentions categories.

Prizes:
We do not plan on having physical prizes for the festival winners.  Winning and being nominated for anything in this festival is the prize itself. If we do get a sponsor to direct ship a prize to a winner, in exchange for advertising on the results video, then that might be a possibility. 

Rules:
1. Email a link of your YouTube or Vimeo brickfilm to [email protected].   
2. Your brickfilm must be uploaded in the year 2014, no exceptions. The YouTube (or Vimeo) video must have a 2014 date.  The deadline for submissions is 12:01 A.M. GMT, January 1, 2015.
3. Your entry does not have to be made for this festival, but if you include the BFG logo in the first 5 seconds of your brickfilm, it will make you eligible for the "Best Entry with BFG Logo" category.  This category will be judged by Big Monkey only.
4. The principle animation technique must be stop motion.
5. It must be under 15 minutes long.
6. You can enter only one brickfilm.  No substitutions are allowed after entry link is received.  Sorry, NO exceptions!  It is very easy to enter the contest, but choose your brickfilm entry wisely.  You have until the end of the year to enter your film.
7. Violence with blood is allowed. Guns, knives, and all other weapons are allowed.
8. Offensive language will be tolerated, but could hurt your score if not used in a necessary manner or if any particular judges find it overly offensive. 
9. No sexually offensive material allowed.
10. No offensive racist material will be accepted.
11.  If you have questions about this festival, please ask them in this thread.  Please do not send questions to the email address for submissions.
12.  Use of licensed themes and/or music is allowed.

If your entry is accepted, your name will be added to a this list below.

Link for BFG logo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/thefourmo … 399545593/

If your entry is a finalist, it will help if your video has captions unless there is no dialogue.  This is not a requirement but will be very helpful for the international group of judges. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734796?hl=en

Accepted Entries:
1. JonnDthunDer
2. togFox
3. Calixte
4. prentice1215
5. Arginnon
6. Drannion Entertainment
7. Divine Brick Productions
8. Dual Diagnosis
9. Conor Barber
10. somedudenamedmilan
11. Red Onyx Productions
12. MindGame Studios
13. Kévin Ziolkowski (Zioltouch)
14. PaceStudios
15. twickabrick
16. Legocloneaddict Productions
17. JMProductions
18. Luke Action Films
19. Dylan Woodley
20. BackyardLegos
21. Legostudio01 & A&M Studios
22. Rockydude411
23. Sonjira
24. EatMyBricks
25. Vertigo Studios
26. LegendaryBrickStudio
27. soppenjim
28. MegaSpaceFighter
29. chazta555
30. Funmi Productions
31. END films
32. WoodrowVillage
33. Annoying Noises Productions - Squid
34. SeanDoubleJ
35. Atlas Animationz
36. the2awesomeguys
37. Superbokje
38. Lisaisanut
39. Chicken Coop Productions
40. NathanWells
41. 12AM Productions
42. Rainlight Animations

Last edited by thefourmonkeys (January 2, 2015 (04:53pm))

Re: 2014 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival Announcement

Yes! Working hard on my next project so I can send it to this!

This looks cool! Hopefully I can finish my current project in time for this.

I've submitted to this and I'm a mostly "anti-festival" person. 

What I'm saying is that this is so aweseome that even I'm going to enter.  mini/tongue

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Did you forget details regarding copyrighted content?
Use of licensed themes and/or music may want to be clarified.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Did you forget details regarding copyrighted content?
Use of licensed themes and/or music may want to be clarified.

Yeah, us monkeys forget things from time to time.  mini/tongue

Use of licensed themes and/or music is allowed.  If YouTube will let you keep it on your channel, then so be it.  On the other hand, I personally prefer the original scripts (of not-themed material) and original music.  I would bet that the rest of the judging panel would lean that way too.

Also thanks for the forum move. mini/smile

Does my brickfilm is allowed to use real decor like grass? And It's use 30% of live action.

Real decor used in a stop-motion portion is perfectly fine, although the 30% live action may be pushing it.
If it is used with bricks, and only for smoother effects/special stylized shots (Like in this) then it would be great.

I think 30% live action of people/real life stuff would be fine, and the rules don't ban it, but it may result in a lower score unless done really well and integrated perfectly with the stop-motion. If for no other reason that this is a stop-motion contest and we prefer that kind of thing.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Real decor used in a stop-motion portion is perfectly fine, although the 30% live action may be pushing it.
If it is used with bricks, and only for smoother effects/special stylized shots (Like in this) then it would be great.

I think 30% live action of people/real life stuff would be fine, and the rules don't ban it, but it may result in a lower score unless done really well and integrated perfectly with the stop-motion. If for no other reason that this is a stop-motion contest and we prefer that kind of thing.

I agree, real decor is fine.  I would also agree that 30% live action is ok, but keep in mind that there is a judging score for animation that could be affected if there is not enough quality stop motion in the film.

Will definitely be entering this year! mini/bigsmile

Last edited by RedBrick1 (December 1, 2014 (08:29am))

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Should I submit Leprechauns in France or We the Pumpkins Three?
Decisions decisions.

Squid wrote:

Decisions decisions.

Leprechauns in France has your smoothest and best animation, but We the Pumpkins Three has better writing and lighting.

We the pumpkins three Squid. Story and writing is King, all of that clarity, cinematography, sound etc crap is not as important as your story.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Squid wrote:

Decisions decisions.

Neither, so I have a better chance at actually winning something. mini/bigsmile

Hey brickfilmers, you have about 1/2 a month to enter the 2014 BFG Film Festival.  Send your entries to [email protected] before the end of the month.  Also, the BFG has made a format change to the website.  www.brickfilmersguild.com.  It's still a work in progress, but changes were necessary.  We will continue to publish brickfilming news and events, links to brickfilming related sites, brickfilms of the month, a more.  mini/smile

Sent in my entry!

I highly recommend folks entering something. If nothing else, it gets the film exposed to a wide audience that wouldn't normally see it, plus a free chance at winning something. And it's one of the few contests that doesn't exclude Licensed films.

I've love to enter, but being a judge probably disqualifies me. mini/tongue

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about the lack of prizes this year. Sorry.

I'm going to wait until I finish my Christmas film, then see if that is better than "The Death of Coiffure" and enter either it or that. I have plenty of time to find out, because I plan to release my film on Tuesday if it's done. As my first year in serious brickfilming (I've been animating for 7, but not wholeheartedly), I'd like to get some of my films out there. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I am hoping to enter saved. When its done.

Last edited by osomstudios (December 14, 2014 (05:30pm))

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I highly recommend folks entering something. If nothing else, it gets the film exposed to a wide audience that wouldn't normally see it, plus a free chance at winning something. And it's one of the few contests that doesn't exclude Licensed films.

I've love to enter, but being a judge probably disqualifies me. mini/tongue

Winning something? Does that mean you have scrounged up some prizes? An old sock perhaps?