Topic: The Little Director

Directory Link

The Little Director

YouTube

I've finally broken my animation dry spell. I made this for the contest associated with the Brick Flicks book. I'm really happy with it, especially since I hadn't animated for a few months until I started on it. This is the first film in awhile I've actually felt proud of upon completion; hope you guys like it. (Sorry about the music, I know we're all tired of it, but I didn't have a lot of time and I think it works pretty well.)

Re: The Little Director

That was excellent!  You did a nice job interacting the lego man with the animator!

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

"You fell in love with me because of this mustache!"

The Little Director is a excellent short. I have always liked the idea of the animator interacting with his or her subjects; or rather, in this case, the subjects interacting with the animator.

One important thing that stood out, to me, in this film was the animation. From the walk cycles to the mustache wiggle, every bit of animation was fluid and should I say LEGO-like? If LEGO minifigures were to actually move, I would imagine them moving in your animation style.

The comedic writing in this film worked wonderfully and it most definitely worked to not include any audible dialogue. Also, I love the silliness of the two characters arguing about a mustache.

Overall, the most important thing about The Little Director, for me, was that it put a smile on my face and I am sure it will each time I watch it. Super job, backyardlegos! I hope you do well in the Brick Flicks contest.

I know this is slightly off topic but..... What contest in the brickflicks book ( I was wondering because I own a copy of the book) mini/smile

I just watched the film, and it was excellent. The animation was extremely fluid, and you could barely see the difference between the stop-motion and the live-action. Is that 24fps? Great job. mini/smile

brickfilm maker wrote:

I know this is slightly off topic but..... What contest in the brickflicks book ( I was wondering because I own a copy of the book) mini/smile

Here's a link to the topic which will lead you to the contest on the author's website. But the contest has already ended.

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … n-contest/

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

I just watched the film, and it was excellent. The animation was extremely fluid, and you could barely see the difference between the stop-motion and the live-action. Is that 24fps? Great job. mini/smile

It's 15 fps. I've tried 24 before, but my editing software freaks out when I preview it, so I'm sticking with 15 until I get better software. Thanks for the the words of support guys, glad you liked it. mini/smile

I enjoyed this film greatly. my only critique would be the pacing - it seemed a bit slow for me. Keep this up man.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

backyardlegos wrote:
rioforce wrote:

It's 15 fps. I've tried 24 before, but my editing software freaks out when I preview it, so I'm sticking with 15 until I get better software. Thanks for the the words of support guys, glad you liked it. mini/smile

Wow, for 15fps, that is really smooth. You have mastered easing.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

LOL!