Topic: Space Pirates

I guess this is the first project I can call a "film"...
Basically the plot is very thin, but a group of rebels goes up against a band of space pirates.
I'm having major issues with the quality picture of my Logitech Quickcam 4000, I looked at all the lighting tutorials and they don't seem to help, any suggestions would be awesome.
---
Please critisize this, I'd like to know what to do better next time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YY03KxVdzM
Thanks,
Dr.J

I've got nothing.

Re: Space Pirates

I was really exited when I read the title, there are far to films with bizarre space themed hybrids.

I think there are a few things that you could do to really make your next film better: First I would try to build some sets, in this film there was nothing that really established the setting in space.  Even adding something like a small spaceship on a landing platform in the back would have helped set the tone.  You may have been able to improve your backdrop by punching some pin holes in it and aiming a lamp from behind to create some stars.

Later in the film I was a bit confused after the first two pirates were killed, where did the other figs come from, there was not much continuity if you had taken a little time to establish that they were with the space pirates it would have helped.  Good luck!